Rt 3 Quebec City north

800steve

That's a good question. Do all clubs groomers have the trackers. I noticed that it doesn't show being groomed in some areas but areas on both ends of the trail are. I guess word of mouth is best. 

The FCMQ is transitioning from one GPS tracker company (Sentinel FM) to another (Geolocalisation).  All grooming machines should be equipped with one company's unit or the other.  However, during this transition, a host of problems seems to have arisen, and a lot of grooming data is simply not making its way on the FCMQ Interactive map or the phone app iMotoneige.  Yesterday, we received an email from the FCMQ Director-General acknowledging these problems, and assuring us that they're working on them. 

Our club, the Hill and Gully Riders, was sent a new unit for our Pisten Bully and, unfortunately, its working only intermittently.  We've been advised to re position the transmitter and, if that doesn't work, to return the unit and obtain a replacement.  Curiously, the older transmitter in our John Deere doesn't seem to be working at all.  Encouragingly, emails to the FCMQ staff member responsible are quickly returned, and I'm confident we'll get this issued shortly.  In the meantime, I would encourage folks to check out clubs' websites or facebook pages.

10 minutes ago, Ontariokid95 said:

Yes, I saw on sledmagazine it looks like a lot of green. Was just wondering if anyone had actually been on it  recently 

When are you planning on going up?

2 hours ago, Ontariokid95 said:

Starting in st raymond on the 25th and hoping to head to Saguenay, across to Forestville and take the TQ3 back to st Raymond 

That is pretty far out, but imo you could do it right now if you wanted to. Ii may not be ideal conditions right now but that can be said for many places, and alot can happen from now until then. If you were leaving today I would say go for it and talk to people you meet on your trip you will for sure come across riders that have recently done that stretch. Not sure how familiar you are with 3 in and around Quebec City but it has alot of road crossings and gets a ton of traffic especially on weekends. Stay away on weekends

44 minutes ago, viper2 said:

That is pretty far out, but imo you could do it right now if you wanted to. Ii may not be ideal conditions right now but that can be said for many places, and alot can happen from now until then. If you were leaving today I would say go for it and talk to people you meet on your trip you will for sure come across riders that have recently done that stretch. Not sure how familiar you are with 3 in and around Quebec City but it has alot of road crossings and gets a ton of traffic especially on weekends. Stay away on weekends

Thanks for the heads up, I am still fairly new to Quebec, every trip I make there I try and check a new area out. 

3 hours ago, Ontariokid95 said:

Starting in st raymond on the 25th and hoping to head to Saguenay, across to Forestville and take the TQ3 back to st Raymond 

Look at the weather outlook. There is a prediction of 20-30cm for my area in the Laurentiens on Tuesday  the 23. Most snow storms track west to east, so Quebec City area should get a piece of the pie too.

2 hours ago, viper2 said:

Can attest to staying away from TQ3 east of Quebec City on weekends. It gets real beat up during weekends. West of Quebec City isn't as bad usually.