Base camp for week itinerary

Dynomite4224

Hello all, I’m putting together a trip in February for a week. This will be my first time in the region and looking for imput. Was wondering were you would recommend making a “home base” and make day trips from. We would definitely like to have our own chalet or cabin. Looking in to Passions now. Snowfarmer gave me a few places as well. To check out. Would definitely be open to packing up for a night or two as well and doing a small loop in the area. I appreciate any help or ideas. Thanks again! 

So we ended up deciding to start the trip off in St. Raymond, then head to Passions for three nights.  Then from there we are going to head down 83 over to Le Manor Richelieu.  Then back to the truck at Hotel Roquemont.  I spoke with snow farmer again and he gave me a few places to hit.  Is there any spots you guys like in those parts? Food spots or some of those beautiful views I keep seeing? Thanks.  Glad I talked wife into doing a half and half saddle bagger.

Hello, I checked this out on the map and it seems to be within the 225 mile or so range.  Normally I try and keep the miles around 180 or below but she was ok with the longer day that one time. We will be staying at Passions for three nights after so if we do arive later it would be ok.  If you think it will be farther then what I'm thinking please let me no.  I do not want to push it to hard.  I also see that 23 north looks pretty open from the pics I have checked out.

Thanks

If the 23 is groomed and firm it is a pretty fast trail. Last week we broke trail for 100 miles from St Ray to Le Tape, that would making reaching Passion a totally different story. 

3 hours ago, Dynomite4224 said:

Hello, I checked this out on the map and it seems to be within the 225 mile or so range.  Normally I try and keep the miles around 180 or below but she was ok with the longer day that one time. We will be staying at Passions for three nights after so if we do arive later it would be ok.  If you think it will be farther then what I'm thinking please let me no.  I do not want to push it to hard.  I also see that 23 north looks pretty open from the pics I have checked out.

Thanks

That's a hump in the most ideal conditions with very experienced riders who are very familiar with trails.  My mind is telling me more like 250-270 as we just made that run.

If it's your first time in QC I would break it up with a night at the Delta.

Yikes! really that far? Hmm not experienced as much as most guys here but this will be our fourth trip up.  Ive already let the warning out its going to be a long day and she accepted.  I no weather plays a big part as the first experience we had in Quebec got real fast when I played with the weather.  I may play it by ear at this point and watch conditions as trip gets closer.  If theres a storm or weather comming I'm going to re plan.  Is this route tight or more of an open ride?

Looks like 222mi, but you should typically add 10% to 20% to what Via says:

http://www.viaexplora.com/snowmobile/index.html?attraits=&unit=mi&lat=47.984216&lng=-69.806085&zoom=7&force=1&ewaypoints=4690258,-7181488,175444,92285&cst=1.0,1.01,1.05&csts=1.0&cstr=1.01&spd=50000,50000,50000

Like others are saying doable but a full day, depending on velocity & conditions.

5a641605826b7_RoqtoPassion.jpg.98d016e51d74c074e92bfd199b6005b7.jpg

we have made that ride .... if conditions are good - nice fast ride! very doable with good conditions and riding during the week with little traffic....only slow down is through the city

If bad conditions or there are issues ....there are options....auberge presbytere mont lac vert is a nice B&B type place....and or the Delta

• 2 weeks later...

So we decide to start a day earlier.  Wanted to break up trip from ray to passions.  So I'm looking at riding to Alma and then making a long ride over to Passions.  Does anyone have any recommendations were to stay east of the lake?  Hotel Universal is full sat night.  I am. looking at Auberge des Iles has anyone stayed there before?

Edited by Dynomite4224