Trip advice

Sled Dog

Have a 3-day loop planned for 1/25-1/28.  We would drive thursday, arrive and stay the night, and then ride on thursday, friday, saturday and return to truck on Sunday and drive home.  We usually leave from Maniwaki but according to website all their trails are closed and Midrange told me not much snow there and another warm up coming.

So now I'm at a loss as we've always launched from Maniwaki!  Any suggestions?  For that quick of a trip only looking for a 6 hour drive.  Maybe its not doable and if so, sucks, but it is what it is.  I'd like to cancel my vacation days if I have to.  Would suck to burn them on nothing!

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Sled Dog said:

Have a 3-day loop planned for 1/25-1/28.  We would drive thursday, arrive and stay the night, and then ride on thursday, friday, saturday and return to truck on Sunday and drive home.  We usually leave from Maniwaki but according to website all their trails are closed and Midrange told me not much snow there and another warm up coming.

So now I'm at a loss as we've always launched from Maniwaki!  Any suggestions?  For that quick of a trip only looking for a 6 hour drive.  Maybe its not doable and if so, sucks, but it is what it is.  I'd like to cancel my vacation days if I have to.  Would suck to burn them on nothing!

Thanks!

Head to the purple and pink.

31547F76-FBFB-465E-81F3-B925B85A1692.png

Trois Rivieres is a 6 hour drive.  That is doable.  Any recommendations on where to stay?  Where we can leave vehicle.  We generally try to stay in nicer places.  The trails are all labeled as yellow on the site.  I just want to make sure there is enough snow.  I can handle bumpy trails!  Gonna try a 3 day loop.  I've never ridden in that area before. 

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Sled Dog

We haven't stayed there in many years but you could head out towards St Raymond the first day and stay at the Roquemont.  Do a day trip out of St Ray, Quebec City, l'Etape, etc.  Then the third day head back to the truck on a different route from St Ray.

Jack & Sandi

Mapquest says 7+ hours.  Too far for a 3 day trip.

Really sucks.  I'm pretty discouraged with snowmobiling right now. Thanks for the replies.  Any other thoughts let me know!

56 minutes ago, Sled Dog said:

Mapquest says 7+ hours.  Too far for a 3 day trip.

Really sucks.  I'm pretty discouraged with snowmobiling right now. Thanks for the replies.  Any other thoughts let me know!

If 6 hrs is ok and there is no snow any closer, DRIVE THE 7 HRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 1/15/2018 at 2:27 AM, Sled Dog said:

Trois Rivieres is a 6 hour drive.  That is doable.  Any recommendations on where to stay?  Where we can leave vehicle.  We generally try to stay in nicer places.  The trails are all labeled as yellow on the site.  I just want to make sure there is enough snow.  I can handle bumpy trails!  Gonna try a 3 day loop.  I've never ridden in that area before. 

Thanks for the help!

No need to drive to Sagunay. Try hotel Marineau Matawin. Short drive north of Trois Riveries, clean, safe, reasonably priced. Then ride north and west.

Issue is we all have to work Wednesday.  Then drive up.  So anything over a 6 hour drive could put us arriving way past midnight.  End of the world?  No but I like to enjoy my trips to Quebec and pushing hard like that is not enjoyable.  We have another trip planned for end of February. 

Just gonna play it by ear for now.  Thanks for all the suggestion.  We'll make the decision next week.

On 1/14/2018 at 5:12 PM, Sled Dog said:

Thanks!

Check out the post on this General Discussion about St. Zenon and area.

Been to that area a few times and it never disappoints.  Like they said 6 hour drive and worth it.

Edited by extreme600

9 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Call in sick?

Ha ha!  I'm taking Friday as a vacation day and calling in sick on Thursday!!!  Can't burn two sick days at once this early in the year!