Question about St. Raymond to Alma

slimjim2525

I am doing my usual 2 week Quebec trip starting Saturday the 20th.  My buddy and I are doing a little mini trip before we meet the rest of the group.  We are going from St. Raymond to Alma on Sunday the 21st.  Then Alma to Roberval on the 22nd.  Then Roberval back to St. Raymond the 23rd to meet the rest of the group.  It's been a few years since I have been to this area.  I am using the FCMQ interactive map, and i don't see any fuel from St. Raymond to Alma on 23.  There has to be fuel along that route, but where is it  to get fuel?  I Have a 2011 Apex so i'm getting 110 miles on a tank max.  Thanks, Jim

23, you can stop at Letape, Mont Apica, and there is a Petro Canada past the Presbytere.

I do not like going into Letape, but I don't think you'll make Mont Apica.

GutZ

Letape

5a5e1d6bb6464_Letape.jpg.0df4d5f754abcda6a6ec6995e054d503.jpg

Mont Apica (near funny little lookout trail, take it up if it is nice out)

MontApica.jpg.35c0d2cb8471510f4e013e4ae0cc3c0f.jpg

9 hours ago, MrGutz said:

23, you can stop at Letape, Mont Apica, and there is a Petro Canada past the Presbytere.

I do not like going into Letape, but I don't think you'll make Mont Apica.

GutZ

Letape

5a5e1d6bb6464_Letape.jpg.0df4d5f754abcda6a6ec6995e054d503.jpg

Mont Apica (near funny little lookout trail, take it up if it is nice out)

MontApica.jpg.35c0d2cb8471510f4e013e4ae0cc3c0f.jpg

Is the gas at Mont Apica right at the restaurant?

7 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Correct, more like a high end relay :good:

91 fuel at mont apica? And how many miles is it from either st ray or Quebec City to there? Will be a group of all sidewinders, don’t know if we can push more than 120 miles on a tank. 

Get gas in Le'Tape on the way up, (1/2 way) or you are looking at 115 miles or so from St-Raymond. Premium in either place no problem. Similar mileage from Quebec-City depending on where you stay.

Edited by markusvt

8 hours ago, Ontariokid95 said:

91 fuel at mont apica? And how many miles is it from either st ray or Quebec City to there? Will be a group of all sidewinders, don’t know if we can push more than 120 miles on a tank. 

Speaking of Sidewinders.  Had 2 guys in the Delta Monday night.  Both of these fellows had the same problem.  There is a small rubber hose that runs from engine to heat exchanger.  Ice breaking away from the heat exchanger cut a hole in the rubber hose and one lost coolant.  While the one sled was getting fixed the other guy looked at his and saw a drip drip drip.  Looked at coolant bottle and it was empty.  Took the dealer 3 hours to replace the hose.  That was a total of 6 hours, each sled 3 hours.  Buy a rubber hammer and knock the ice out at every stop and hope that will get you by.

1 hour ago, Saguenay Bill said:

Speaking of Sidewinders.  Had 2 guys in the Delta Monday night.  Both of these fellows had the same problem.  There is a small rubber hose that runs from engine to heat exchanger.  Ice breaking away from the heat exchanger cut a hole in the rubber hose and one lost coolant.  While the one sled was getting fixed the other guy looked at his and saw a drip drip drip.  Looked at coolant bottle and it was empty.  Took the dealer 3 hours to replace the hose.  That was a total of 6 hours, each sled 3 hours.  Buy a rubber hammer and knock the ice out at every stop and hope that will get you by.

That must be the Artic Cat part of the sled. 😜

4 hours ago, Saguenay Bill said:

Exactly why I ride my 2011 Apex.  Ultra reliable.  24,900 miles and not a single problem.  Never getting rid of this sled.

It has been a few years since we have been on 355 but there is fuel at the top in Lac Bouchette.  A regular gas station right on the auto road.  The next stop will be Lac Edouard.  There is nothing on 73 thru the park.  After the park Riviere-a-Pierre has gas if I remember correctly.  Then you are good to St Raymond.

Alma to Roberval is a short day unless you are doing a loop around the top of Lac St Jean.  If you do the north side, ride some of the green and yellow trails and not just 93.  Some of the local trails are really nice especially Peribonka to St Felicien.

Jack & Sandi

3 hours ago, slimjim2525 said:

Exactly why I ride my 2011 Apex.  Ultra reliable.  24,900 miles and not a single problem.  Never getting rid of this sled.

:good: Soon time for another oil filter and your first valve job

On 1/17/2018 at 10:33 AM, revct1 said:

loop around the top of Lac St Jean.  If you do the north side, ride some of the green and yellow trails and not just 93

That's some of the best of the best. Well maintained and low usage.