Temiscaming to mount laurier

zrtkat

Trout lake has the most expensive gas in Quebec.  $2 litre ....years ago.  2 toast and a bowl of canned soup was $10.  I wouldn't set foot in that place again.   But hey sometimes that is what you get when your plan falls through.   

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Js12ren said:

We are planning to do this trip also but instead of heading north we were going to go east on 43 to 386. then  to Laverendrye for the night.

WE are booked Feb 12th there first time in Quebec it's going to be a adventure. Wil return to temiscaming in 9 days 

On 1/20/2018 at 5:43 PM, zrtkat said:

Phil 1

We are getting lots of helpful information from this site to make our first saddlebag trip in Quebec a good one

Greg

Great riding in Quebec.    We do two week long saddlebag trips a year up there.    It keeps drawing you back.    

6 hours ago, Grampsledder said:

Great riding in Quebec.    We do two week long saddlebag trips a year up there.    It keeps drawing you back.    

Thats great to hear hope we have a good trip also

Greg

The 43 part of that 225 miles is the autobahn speeds on that trail are what makes this the fast way can be done in under four hours with no problem quicker if you like to run 80 miles an hour. Its a super wide logging road with fantastic sight lines so its safe to give her.  

8 minutes ago, jeffgrah said:

The 43 part of that 225 miles is the autobahn speeds on that trail are what makes this the fast way can be done in under four hours with no problem quicker if you like to run 80 miles an hour. Its a super wide logging road with fantastic sight lines so its safe to give her.  

Sounds like my kind of trail. Is Rapides des joachims the nearest fuel stop that way?

18 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

Thanks for the info in that trail that will be our first day of riding if we get a late start would be a good way to go

Depending on where you are going you can come back the other way so you do more of a loop instead of riding the same trail over again. That's what I'm planning. Starting out going  southeast on 43 and then coming back 63 from the north.

8 minutes ago, Js12ren said:

Depending on where you are going you can come back the other way so you do more of a loop instead of riding the same trail over again. That's what I'm planning. Starting out going  southeast on 43 and then coming back 63 from the north.

WE are heading to mount Laurier 2nd day doing a big loop then will be coming from Val dor the next week

46 minutes ago, jeffgrah said:

You need to take the trail into town its a 1/2 mile past the bridge where the Zec building is.

Thank you for the info. I looked up Lances's convenient and the trail ends right there on the map. I'm hoping to ride that area Feb 17th through the 24th. Last year I had the trip up there all booked but had to cancel because of rain. We ended up going to the Gaspe for a week instead and it was awesome.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, zrtkat said:

WE are heading to mount Laurier 2nd day doing a big loop then will be coming from Val dor the next week

Sounds like a great trip. I just booked my trip from Feb 18 through the 24th. First day heading down 43 to La Verendrye then from there heading North. Amos - Matagami - La Sarre - Val Dor then back to Temiscaming. We will be in Val Dor on the 23rd (Hotel Forestel). We planned this trip last year but had to cancel because of rain. We ended up going to the Gaspe instead and it was awesome!

9 hours ago, Js12ren said:

Sounds like a great trip. I just booked my trip from Feb 18 through the 24th. First day heading down 43 to La Verendrye then from there heading North. Amos - Matagami - La Sarre - Val Dor then back to Temiscaming. We will be in Val Dor on the 23rd (Hotel Forestel). We planned this trip last year but had to cancel because of rain. We ended up going to the Gaspe instead and it was awesome!

We are in val dor the 19th and 20th 2 days we like that area and like the hotel so we usually  stay 2 days then we will head to Temiscaming on the 21st and head back home to Ohio the next day hopefully we all have a great ride so many bad years we had to change our plans and cut our trips short.

We are going to start riding the 12th will up-date nightly to give trail reports.

Greg

4 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

We are all loaded up and leaving late saturday night from Ohio will be in Temiscaming Sunday afternoon and start our ride Monday morning

looking forward to our first saddlebag tour in quebec

Greg

Have a good trip.....Leaving tomorrow for a 7 day trip. if you go thru Ville-Marie let me know how the conditions are. Will be in Ville-Marie next Tuesday. I've been told they have snow but not for sale.

6 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

We are all loaded up and leaving late saturday night from Ohio will be in Temiscaming Sunday afternoon and start our ride Monday morning

looking forward to our first saddlebag tour in quebec

Greg

Have fun be safe enjoy it. Saddlebag is the true way to explore Quebec IMO. It's how we fly!