Temiscaming to mount laurier

zrtkat

5 minutes ago, Mid Range said:

Have a good trip.....Leaving tomorrow for a 7 day trip. if you go thru Ville-Marie let me know how the conditions are. Will be in Ville-Marie next Tuesday. I've been told they have snow but not for sale.

Midrange

will post how conditions are and post some pics of our days ride

hope you have a great ride also

Greg

6 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

Thanks looking forward to our trip

Greg

Where are you staying in Temiscaming? We are staying and then leaving our rigs at Tem Rose for the week.

The entire area is showing green so I'm assuming we should see great conditions. I've seen many of your posts about your Ontario trips. We also did many saddlebag trips in Ontario.(since 2001) Our longest was 1850 miles from New Liskeard North then down to the Sault and back through Timmins. We went to the Gaspe last year and now we will be focusing on Quebec for awhile since we have done pretty much everything in Ontario and needed a change. 

22 minutes ago, Js12ren said:

Where are you staying in Temiscaming? We are staying and then leaving our rigs at Tem Rose for the week.

The entire area is showing green so I'm assuming we should see great conditions. I've seen many of your posts about your Ontario trips. We also did many saddlebag trips in Ontario.(since 2001) Our longest was 1850 miles from New Liskeard North then down to the Sault and back through Timmins. We went to the Gaspe last year and now we will be focusing on Quebec for awhile since we have done pretty much everything in Ontario and needed a change. 

js12ren

we are also staying at Temrose we will arrive the 11th sunday and start Monday and will return to Temiscaming on the 21st of february we also are hoping for great trails I am having trouble figuring out different areas to check trail status,we are heading towards Mount Laurier , its going to be quite a Adventure but looking forward to riding new trails,weather looks like it is going to cooperate with our saddlebag trips.

As you know we have had bad luck last few years we would schedule our trip in Ontario then weather would change and we would have to cut our trip short the last few years, so we are glad the weather looks good, maybe we will cross paths riding we are riding 3 Arctic-cats Thundercat,Crosstrek,Zr 9000 , 

Greg

5 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

js12ren

we are also staying at Temrose we will arrive the 11th sunday and start Monday and will return to Temiscaming on the 21st of february we also are hoping for great trails I am having trouble figuring out different areas to check trail status,we are heading towards Mount Laurier , its going to be quite a Adventure but looking forward to riding new trails,weather looks like it is going to cooperate with our saddlebag trips.

As you know we have had bad luck last few years we would schedule our trip in Ontario then weather would change and we would have to cut our trip short the last few years, so we are glad the weather looks good, maybe we will cross paths riding we are riding 3 Arctic-cats Thundercat,Crosstrek,Zr 9000 , 

Greg

We will be getting to Tem Rose on the 18th and heading out Mon the 19th. we will be back there on the 24th and heading home the 25th. We probably won't be crossing path's but if we do I have a red/white sidewinder and the other three are 1200 Doo's. Have a great trip.

Trail conditions are available on the Quebec FCMQ site and also on Abitibi Temiscamingue tourism site.

8 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Zrtkat made it too Temiscaming we had bad weather all the way here today rain,freezing rain,and snow we got here they had a good dumping of snow today will post from the trail tommorow 

14596.jpeg

I'm looking forward to your reports since we will be heading out from the same place next Monday.

jsn

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:48 AM, Js12ren said:

I'm looking forward to your reports since we will be heading out from the same place next Monday.

js12ren

posting conditions form temiscaming sorry a little late could not get my computer going at the lodge we had a great ride the first day we hit the 43 and met the groomer halfway to Swisha trails where mint ,from swisha to the lodge there was only a couple of sled tracks on it with snow,still not a bad first day .

DSC_0005.JPG

42 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

jsn

js12ren

posting conditions form temiscaming sorry a little late could not get my computer going at the lodge we had a great ride the first day we hit the 43 and met the groomer halfway to Swisha trails where mint ,from swisha to the lodge there was only a couple of sled tracks on it with snow,still not a bad first day .

DSC_0005.JPG

Thanks for the report. How was the stay at the lodge? How far was it to the first fuel stop?

16 minutes ago, Js12ren said:

Thanks for the report. How was the stay at the lodge? How far was it to the first fuel stop?

were rooting for you zrt cat,we know how much goes into these adventures each winter:good:and your timing this year is spot on.im sorry my friend but you are going to be hooked....you have finally reached the promise land,lol lol .just relax and enjoy.you will be renergized with your surrondings and be litterally a peace....enjoy the exprience and journey:yahoo::yahoo:

50 minutes ago, Js12ren said:

200 km to Swisha our low fuel lights where on,but we carried gas,the stay at the lodge was fantastic we met lots of friendly snowmobilers and the food was awesome, 

WE are in mount Laurier now,hardly no sled traffic all the way here

57 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

200 km to Swisha our low fuel lights where on,but we carried gas,the stay at the lodge was fantastic we met lots of friendly snowmobilers and the food was awesome, 

WE are in mount Laurier now,hardly no sled traffic all the way here

Awesome! we are looking forward to next week. We had this same trip planned last year but the weather turned to crap on us. I cancelled the whole thing on a Sat morning and by noon had another trip all booked in Gaspe.  The next day we were in the Gaspe starting our saddlebag trip. These past few Winters have been a real challenge when it comes to planning trips.