Iceman Rides Again

iceman

4 hours ago, iceman said:

we got no Pistachios to munch on. A reward is being offered. Urgent. 

Until next time mes ami’s 

Oh man !   We missed you by a few hours as we returned to Saint Raymond this afternoon ... We had room #3 Friday night (4 of us in 1  room as the place was rockin full then as well )  bummer about the snacks ! Ride on Team ice :-).

0120180735.jpg

Edited by dooright

8 hours ago, iceman said:

Lucky...did not see many trails you could really speed on today. Only a few.

for sure nice to meet up with you guys. Lot’s of torture today. 

8 hours ago, iceman said:

Lucky...did not see many trails you could really speed on today. Only a few.

for sure nice to meet up with you guys. Lot’s of torture today. 

The 73 was mint all the way to the 353

very little traffic. Couldn't believe it.

figured we would have sleds coming at ya like bullets. After the 353 it went to hell!

Day 5

In the words of the one and only Scorpionbowl....“Let’s get this over with”

Honestly not looking forward to the short but potentially punishing ride back to the home turf. This AM at Roquemont met Wulsock1, nice to finally meet Dave. 

Suited up and the grooming report looks promising. Sure enough 73 is a completely transformed beast with a little help from the machinery. Unbelievable from what it was yesterday. We re run yesterday’s route from here 73 to 3 this has all been groomed just what Ice ordered. Nice! Continue to 35 still groomed, well thank me very much, no complaints from us. All good to St Anne de la Perade. Junk returns from here west on 351. Rough ride to Local turn off to Moto Thibault. I give Snohorse the house key just in case he beats me to the house. We part ways. I’m headed to drop the new girl off for her first service. I arrive at Pierre’s swap sled for the Moto Thibault truck. Load my gear into truck and drive to my house. I beat the boys here by 15 minutes. New snow needed near here, hopefully tonight. Beat up from free weekend and a bit icy. It will bounce back. 

Great first run. Big respect to Louie for being able to hang with us. He was always there when we waited. Well, all but once. But I went back and found him. Not easy on that old iron but he did it. 

Just over 1000 miles for 4 days and 3.5 hours today. 

In 2 weeks we do it again this time 8 days. 

Love the new Apex. Incredible.

40 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Shoulda gave Louie a head start in the morning. He was up and sled running at 7am. 

Ha! If I thought he could Navigate at all, this might have been ok. But not so sure. I neglected to wait for him on a trail at at fork that to me was super obvious, clearly groomed to the gentle right with lots of tracks, the hard left single track no grooming. He went right then was not sure so he asked a guy which way to Roberval? Huh? He had no Idea. Guy tells him turn around and go back to 93. My bad. Thought he knew enough to just stay put if he was not sure. Not go off finding his way. Anyway I burned him down passed him on the right (no choice) and stopped in front of him. He told me we were going the wrong way it’s shorter back this way to Roberval. Louie, Louie ohhhhh we gotta go!

21 hours ago, dooright said:

Oh man !   We missed you by a few hours as we returned to Saint Raymond this afternoon ... We had room #3 Friday night (4 of us in 1  room as the place was rockin full then as well )  bummer about the snacks ! Ride on Team ice :-).

0120180735.jpg

We gotta get together.