An Apology In Order

mikerider

• 1 month later...

I want to give an update on the advertising situation regarding the Universel Hotel to all QR members.  But again, I don't want this to divide us as members, but just want to keep all in the loop as to what has transpired.

First, I donated the money for the advertising of the hotel to QR,  feeling this might make it an easier decision for the hotel to get on board, and if the hotel was happy with the results they would become a yearly member.

Secondly, I told the QR administrator that should the hotel not sign up, the money I paid would turn into a donation to QuebecRider.

Third, I met with the VP of the hotel. She was very nice and seemed interested. Afterwards, I let the QR administrator know that he should contact the hotel VP as it would appear it might be she is interested and knows that an anonymous member has paid the first year of advertising for the hotel.

The last I have heard, the QR administrator was having problems with his e-mail and thus was not able to contact the hotel VP. I have heard nothing since,  but I assume he has been working on this issue and will eventually have some news, one way or the other.

Thanks,

mike

2 hours ago, momojohnny said:

Now ,   if all the "regulars" would have  their usernames in "green"  instead of blue in the who's online............. 

:hi:

Sorry if I missed something, but what do the green and blue stand for.  I see my "M" shows up in blue??? Is that bad?

Your fine. I meant, if you look at "who's on line"  on the bottom of the forum  home page. Members user name's are either  in green print or blue print. Green print means you have contributed  $25 to the site on an individual basis,,,, I believe.  M

2 hours ago, momojohnny said:

Your fine. I meant, if you look at "who's on line"  on the bottom of the forum  home page. Members user name's are either  in green print or blue print. Green print means you have contributed  $25 to the site on an individual basis,,,, I believe.  M

That's true but you don't even have to look that far.  I'm lazy.

To the left of each post below the poster's avatar shows whether they are a "Contributing Member" or "Members".  I don't know why members is plural.

Jack & Sandi

• 1 month later...
On 2018-01-20 at 12:32 PM, grumpysanta said:

HELL YA . nice to have  people to give advice on where to stay and go. to enhance the sledding experience

Is this not what the site is all about? I can’t remember the last time I loaded the trailer before scouring the most recent posts here. Pretty much set my compass, plan our route and book rooms based on everyone’s feedback on here. I too frequent the Universal and will continue to do so.

Keep it real

Gowser