Recommending Businesses on QuebecRider

smclelan

There seems to have been a misunderstanding of the rules by some members on this board, I would like to clarify the rules as I understand them. I am not sure if there has been a change since Rob explained them to me when he started QuebecRider, and asked me to help as a moderator, if so one of the Administrators should correct me. 

No business is allowed to promote their products or services on this site in the forms without becoming a paid Advertiser, not even the classified section.   Individuals can not sign up and put links to their own business sites, with out becoming  paid Advertiser.

Somewhere here in the last couple days someone has got confused in the rules of our site and upset other members. The original purpose of QR was time give riders a place to talk about their adventures snowmobiling throughout Quebec. With that, tell of good trails, poor trails, trails with not much gas or maybe poor signage. QuebecRider was a place for those with a passion for the sport to tell others where good snowmobile friendly restaurants, gas stop,sled dealers and hotel's along the trail network can be found. 

I have been on QuebecRider since about the second day Rob turned it on, this is the first real issue I have seen come up and it seems to have some members upset. I hope what I have provided for information above will put an end to the apparent grey area surrounding mentioning a snowmobile friendly business in your post. 

Is there a place you stay that goes above and beyond and people are going there because you have written positive reports about them great. Why not mention the site to the business let them look it over, if the can swing $100 to become an advertiser we welcome to our sled Community. We should all try to get our favorite spot to help support QuebecRider. 

QuebecRider is a message board full of guys and girls that love snowmobiling in Quebec and telling others about theirs adventures, lets keep that going. I hope this puts an end to the issue that has upset some of our members. 

Ride Safe

Ride Sober

Have Fun

Should you have questions on the rules as I explained them do not hesitate to PM me. 

Steven

Do you have freedom of speech in Canada?  Say what you want, when you want, if people don't like it they don't have to listen! 

My $.02, read if yo want.... As a business owner I do not market or advertise and my business is flourishing!  Its because I treat my clients with respect and provide good services they appreciate.  This way of conducting business is how I market new business.  If you treat people well they will tell others who value the same treatment which will grow the business itself.  I assume this is how many small businesses become established to the point where they can eventually advertise.  

I do not use social media, Facebook or anything like that so we rely on reputation and loyalty to keep growing the business.  I would be willing to bet that is the case for many establishments you see along the trails...

This BS is all over a measly $100 and who knows maybe the business didnt know if QR,  try pissing off the main group of participates here and see where that gets this site...  Not to mention I have NEVER been to the advertiser section of this site, my bad I guess.... 

On 1/19/2018 at 11:34 PM, smclelan said:

QuebecRider is a message board full of guys and girls that love snowmobiling in Quebec and telling others about theirs adventures, lets keep that going.

Thanks Steven & the other Moderators.  Your effort for everyone's benefit and for Rob's legacy is greatly appreciated. 

16 hours ago, Teet F8SP said:

I do not use social media, Facebook or anything like that...

I'm proud as can be when I tell my business associates (and my nieces & nephews) that I'm a Social Media Zero, no Facepage, no nuthin, except for QR!

Should you have questions on the rules as I explained them do not hesitate to PM me.

Sorry for not PM'ing, but this is purely positive: Can you help us help the site by providing a bit of a universal (no pun intended) message about the viewership?  We may not be many but hits are certainly often, dedicated & loyal.  And maybe post that sort of blurb and this info to the top of the Advertiser's page so when we ask potential sponsors to check it out they'll know what time it is?... 

Thanks again to the Moderators and everyone for keeping it real!

QuebecRider advertiser info:

QuebecRider advertisers are the only source of income for this website.

QuebecRider advertisers have their banner randomly displayed on the rotating banner system visible on all forum pages.

QuebecRider advertising rates are the same for everyone, and are fixed at $100/year.

There seems to have been a misunderstanding of the rules by some members on this board, I would like to clarify the rules as I understand them. I am not sure if there has been a change since Rob explained them to me when he started QuebecRider, and asked me to help as a moderator, if so one of the Administrators should correct me. 

No business is allowed to promote their products or services on this site in the forms without becoming a paid Advertiser, not even the classified section.   Individuals can not sign up and put links to their own business sites, with out becoming  paid Advertiser.

Somewhere here in the last couple days someone has got confused in the rules of our site and upset other members. The original purpose of QR was time give riders a place to talk about their adventures snowmobiling throughout Quebec. With that, tell of good trails, poor trails, trails with not much gas or maybe poor signage. QuebecRider was a place for those with a passion for the sport to tell others where good snowmobile friendly restaurants, gas stop,sled dealers and hotel's along the trail network can be found. 

I have been on QuebecRider since about the second day Rob turned it on, this is the first real issue I have seen come up and it seems to have some members upset. I hope what I have provided for information above will put an end to the apparent grey area surrounding mentioning a snowmobile friendly business in your post. 

Is there a place you stay that goes above and beyond and people are going there because you have written positive reports about them great. Why not mention the site to the business let them look it over, if the can swing $100 to become an advertiser we welcome to our sled Community. We should all try to get our favorite spot to help support QuebecRider. 

QuebecRider is a message board full of guys and girls that love snowmobiling in Quebec and telling others about theirs adventures, lets keep that going. I hope this puts an end to the issue that has upset some of our members. 

Ride Safe

Ride Sober

Have Fun

Steven

You nailed it Steven. Nothing has changed since we helped rob start this site years ago. There is nothing wrong with members talking up their favorite business establishments. No one should feel that it is their job to promote advertising on QR either. There are several members here that do, and it is appreciated. That should be left up to the individual to decide  :drinks: