Best place to stay?

Padragon800

Hello all love the site and all the great and informative info on here! Last year was my first year riding in saguaney and totally fell in love with the area. Last year we stayed at the delta and it was perfect coming back this year in February. We did love the delta but we also really really enjoyed the riding up In Mt.Valin the amount of snow the seceny the trails were just epic. So this year I'm considering staying more up in the mountains is that something you all would reccomend? Thinking either KM 31 or Passion never been to either so any info would greatly help. Looking on the lac saint jean map I cant seem tolocate passion am I missing it or what?  Like I said any info is greatly appreciated or if anybody has any recommendations on other places is greatly appreciated also. Thank you!

Hi PaDragon.  Playhard was kind enough to post a pic of their sign.  I can't find a website for Passion but their phone number is 418-673-1001.  Click on the grey arrow below to view.  Scroll down to Playhard's response and you will see the pics of Le Passion.

Jack & Sandi

Edited by revct1

Just got back yesterday from the region.   We stayed 2 nights at KM 31-the rooms are basic but have private bathrooms and are in the lower level so you walk upstairs for dinner.   The food and the service was great!    We like the location to the local trails in Valin.   Passion is at the ski area, Valinouet.   We've never stayed there because you have to walk or snowmobile to the restaurant.   We have stayed at Auberge Carcajou in the past and would recommend that too.   The place is nice and the food is home cooked.   

Stayed at KM 31 last season.A good time,to be had and experiance seeing all the mountain sleds.Be on your game cause sometimes we had long tracks pop out on the trail from nowhere.Beautiful area.

On 2018-01-20 at 2:12 PM, Grampsledder said:

Just got back yesterday from the region.   We stayed 2 nights at KM 31-the rooms are basic but have private bathrooms and are in the lower level so you walk upstairs for dinner.   The food and the service was great!    We like the location to the local trails in Valin.   Passion is at the ski area, Valinouet.   We've never stayed there because you have to walk or snowmobile to the restaurant.   We have stayed at Auberge Carcajou in the past and would recommend that too.   The place is nice and the food is home cooked.   

Carcajou nice place another is Domaine de la Chutes, all home cook meals in family friendly environment.

2 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

Carcajou nice place another is Domaine de la Chutes, all home cook meals in family friendly environment.

Where is that Domaine de la Chutes I know you told me before but I forget. Got the phone number? And which trail?

8 minutes ago, iceman said:

Where is that Domaine de la Chutes I know you told me before but I forget. Got the phone number? And which trail?

He’s on the 93 just north of St.Honore before the Parc entrance. When you call speak with Maurice.

17 minutes ago, iceman said:

Domaine de la Chutes is located right on Trail 93.  About 5 miles east of the St Honore airport.  Maurice's website  https://www.domainedelachute.net/

1 hour ago, Trailblazer said:

He’s on the 93 just north of St.Honore before the Parc entrance. When you call speak with Maurice.

1 hour ago, Saguenay Bill said:

Domaine de la Chutes is located right on Trail 93.  About 5 miles east of the St Honore airport.  Maurice's website  https://www.domainedelachute.net/

Thank You and Thank You

9 hours ago, iceman said:

Domaine de la Chutes is located right on Trail 93.  About 5 miles east of the St Honore airport

To be exact, you will ride thru some large pine trees, a plowed road will be on your left, both cars and snowmobiles cross a small bridge, just before trail crosses the road, the road/snowmobile road to Maurice's is on the right, big sign for Domaine de la Chutes/Chez Maurice.  About 20 years ago I stopped there, talked to him and he wanted an American flag so  the next time I came up from the US I brought him one and gave it to him.  Trail use to go by right in front of his place and the US flag was displayed on his place for many years.  Then trail got changed because he had a old bridge that I believe became unsafe for the groomer  At that time, 20 years ago, he was going to generate his own power.  Don't know if that ever happened.  Real nice guy.

Update Bill, he did start generating his on power from the rapids next door but Hydro Quebec stepped in and reminded him that they have patent rights to generate power from water here in Quebec. Hence the name Hydro-Quebec, he had to pull the plug.

Anyways not long after a line was brought to his Domaine and now he is on city power. 

we have stayed at Bed and breakfast at Passion http://www.passionquebec.qc.ca/gite.html

was fine accommodations!! very nice host!! sleep down stairs and come up for breakfast..... had dinner at ski slope....if i remember correct they close early around 8 ....maybe open til 9

9 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Update Bill, he did start generating his on power from the rapids next door but Hydro Quebec stepped in and reminded him that they have patent rights to generate power from water here in Quebec. Hence the name Hydro-Quebec, he had to pull the plug.

Anyways not long after a line was brought to his Domaine and now he is on city power. 

Thanks for updateJG. Since the trail changed I haven't been into Maurice's.  He use to have a small place across from the lodge where you could get a coffee or soup back in the day.  And he also had sled dogs.  You could rent them or have him take you out for a ride.  My nephew and his son did that one day.

He doesn’t do the dog sledding any more, dogs got old and he gave up on it, he has a few pens up on the hill now, his daughter is cross breeding wolfed with a domestic dogs with the hopes of achieving the best of both in one. She’s on her first generation but IMO it may take a couple more. 

On 1/22/2018 at 8:47 AM, Trailblazer said:

You should patent SolarQuebec, look at the money you could make being the only allowed Solar Collector.

They really stopped him from making power off water that runs through "His" land?

GutZ

On 1/24/2018 at 12:50 PM, MrGutz said:

They really stopped him from making power off water that runs through "His" land?

GutZ

No surprise....& now the politicians in NH have agreed to allow Hydro Quebec to run aerial electrical transmission lines from the tip of NH down through the White Mountains to the residents of Massachusetts. :shok: :spiteful:  The H.Q. project is titled "Northern Pass". Say NO to the "Northern Pass" project. :good: If it must come through, bury the lines. Save northern NH's scenic views. Or an additional alternative is to piggyback or run it through Vt. where they presently have aerial electrical transmission lines.

Paddy O 

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire