Spending a extra day at the Delta

Shore1066

Made it to the Delta last nite from St. RAYMOND. Trail was good and bad but mostly fine to ride on. Got our rooms and had dinner. Seen Bill for a moment and had the discussion about the storm coming in for today. He assured us it's not going to be good. Well he was right. Got up several times in the night and it was getting worse each time.  Oh well i with some young bucks no problem dad we will be fine. Had breakfast and seen Bill and he said not good boys. Got packed and dressed made reservations in Alma.  Went down stairs with the all the baggage.  Seen Bill in the lobby and informed us rooms have opened up for tonight.  Young guys saying we are alright.  Out side they go to get the sleds unlocked and started.  David says wait I need to talk to dad. Response to me was i got the same feeling as  the last time we got into a blizzard in Gaspe. I don't think we should even unlock. In comes the other 3 boys and it's blowing and cold out there.  We don't think you should go out dad. Of course they had big smiles because they didn't want to admitte it was bad. Anyway got the same rooms and cancelled our reservations in Alma and they are are headed to the donut shop.  Getting a deck of cards and going to play some cards this Afternoon.  Want to thank Bill because his concerns was a big factor why David said I want discuss this with dad. Tomorrow will be a better day. Well it's still snowing and blowing so it's a good day to watch tv and get a little bar time. Be safe everyone.  It's always a adventure. 

“You gotta know when to hold them,  know when to fold them, know when to walk away and know when to run”  good sound decision. It’s wicked up there when it’s blowing. Ask Andyman. 

The group of boys I'm with is all family with small children and they do think about their families also they respect what I have to say. Not that they don't have common sense it's they have respect. They also know it would be terrible for me if anything happened to one of them. They are all like my kids. 

Good call on staying in today. If you have the chance talk to Daniel aka DannyDoo aka DannyDoo to the rescue he was instrumental in assisting the authorities in aforementioned rescue of the fellow from NB & his riding partner that windy & snowy night near Hebertville

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

The group of boys I'm with is all family with small children and they do think about their families also they respect what I have to say. Not that they don't have common sense it's they have respect. They also know it would be terrible for me if anything happened to one of them. They are all like my kids. 

Good call, The wind coming off that lake can turn bad in a hurry.

There's really nothing to gain, and much that can be lost when the weather turns up there. The combination of wind and just a few inches of 'forecasted accumulation' creates potentially life threatening travel for snowmobile travel.

Nothing to be ashamed of. You made a good decision.

Yes, the wind around that lake can be incredible, was on the north side a few years back going west in a storm, I think it took 5 hours to go 45 miles, one other time we were stuck in Amqui out on the Gaspe for 3.5 days, 2 days later we were in Moose valley New Brunswick and had to navigate 20 foot drifts and were stuck there at the sportsman club for 2.5 days, you could easily die with a group in those conditions. Be flexible, sit back and enjoy the hotel. Things could be worse, you could be back in the states at work, being stuck at the hotel in

canada sledding is not such a bad thing, all considered

I remember that blizzard like it was yesterday! The funny thing about it is Dave will still sled with me! LOL We are headed north tomorrow to find snow, green grass here in Riverview. We had a hard first day on our last trip but nothing like that blizzard.

Andy

andy 004.jpg

andy 005.jpg

andy 007.jpg

andy 011.jpg

1 minute ago, Andyman said:

I remember that blizzard like it was yesterday! The funny thing about it is Dave will still sled with me! LOL We are headed north tomorrow to find snow, green grass here in Riverview. We had a hard first day on our last trip but nothing like that blizzard.

Andy

andy 004.jpg

andy 005.jpg

andy 007.jpg

andy 011.jpg

Maybe you guys should invest in a winch?

Made it to St Felicien last nite. Came around the lake on 93 and 373 back to 93. Well there is big open fields on that 373. Lol. Lots of drifts and i mean lots. David only got stuck once leading the way. I told him he wasn't going fast enough.  He said something about not being able to see. It was an adventure.  Heading to la tugue today and maybe farther. Time will tell.  Be safe all 

Well I would like to tell the rest of the story.  From La Tugue  we had to get one of the boys back to the truck by noon for him to go home for work.  Made exactly 12 noon. It was a cold ride and the sun in our face was brutal.  Too cold to go fast anyway. 73 was great all the way. Got busy tho. Started the wheels turning. We weren't going to ride that afternoon so we decided seeing that RDL was only 3 hours away here we go. Called the hotel got rooms and big smiles on the faces.  Next day headed to Matane on a couple green trails and trail 5 and it was great. Next day east on 5 to 595 and headed south to New Richmond.  Trail was again great. Only problem was a wet snow storm that we seem to be in the middle of the last 20 miles. At times I could look west and see blue skies but we were in the snow. Got to New Richmond and headed west to Carleton.  Up early and headed to Rumoski.  West on 5 to the orange trail back to 5. Trails are still great. Up 5 to the bridge where I believe groomer starts his magic and oh my goodness it was perfect. It was the best trail I have ever riden in ever. Up 5 to a local trail over to St Florence and on to groomers club house. Seen Groomer at work only waving because he looked busy. From there green trails back to 5 near Rumoski and a other wonderful day.  The green trails were a little thin on snow but that snowmobiling. Up early and back to RDL and the truck by 10 30. All home by 8 30 and thinking all the way about the next adventure.  Oh yea stopped in Montreal and picked up some saddle bags from Trailblazer.  Nice seeing buddy.

All in all what a great trip and time I had with the boys. They do take care of me and they are the best. 

Gaspe is the best in my opinion and only my opinion.  All of Quebec is great.

Anyway be safe everyone and enjoy. 

Shore1086, just saw this thread now. We were the guys from NY, played leap frog with you on first day. We made our decision to not ride that stormy day during the previous night lol. glad you had a good trip rest of way as we did also.

That would great great. Not so much for David but riding my snowmobile is part of the reason I don't live in North Carolina. Lol. I like to tell the boys I love the taste of snow dust. Lol. Be safe this weekend.