Gaspe trip

viper2

Left the Universal in RDL Monday took 5 past Rimouski then took the local trail across to St. Donat then down to Domaine Valga for lunch. Continued back down to 5 then took the 587 north and the local cutoff to Pardou and back on 5. Took the 5 to Matane and into the Riotel for the night 200 miles.

Day 2 left the Riotel under snowy conditions and the plan was to go south to stay closer to towns and hopefully less snow from this storm. A quick check of the forecast showed up to 3/4" of ice for PALC  so we headed into the belly of the beast and  took 5 west toward Saint Anne des Monts. With the big snow in the forecast, we are not sure of what our immediate future will bring so we decide to pick a place we may care to spend an extra day if necessary. We stop for a break at the relais at St. Paulin at the intersection of 5 and 595 always a good stop. The trail is groomed smooth and 3-4" of fluff on top traffic is very light. We continue on to Cap Chat and gas up then onto the Grand Nature Chic Chocs for another break, no hurry we are close to our destination and it's early. The storm starts ramping up here, time to get to SAD-M. Get to the Hotel and Cie early with only 102 miles on the clock, hopefully we can leave in the morning. No plan for this trip other than get back to the truck by Sunday night. So far all trails are good, plenty of snow everywhere, no water holes and very light traffic. Get up here it's time

Left late today, had to do some electrical troubleshooting on some heated gear. Hoping to have some before us to break trail. Left about 9:15, had a couple tracks ahead of us heading East. Hard to tell how much new snow with all the wind but some places up high had about a foot. Visibility was poor at times with the blowing and drifting snow and it got colder as the day went on. Rolled into Murdochville about 3:00 and decided to stay the night and hope tomorrow brings groomed trails and clear skies.

IMG_4064.JPG

IMG_4066.JPG

IMG_4067.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

IMG_4046.JPG

IMG_4057.JPG

IMG_4059.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4062.JPG

Left Murdochville yesterday to a groomed 597 heading south. At the intersection with 5 we headed to Percè thanks to the iMotoneige app showing it had just been groomed. Rode into Percè and it's the best that trail has been in years, groomed right into the Table Roland. Had lunch there then drove along the road and out on the pier for some pics. The sun was out to start our day but by the time we got to the rock it was snowing and gray but still got some decent pics. Headed back 5 west toward Chandler and stayed at the Hotel Fraser for the night. About 2.5 miles off trail but this place has a great restaurant and nice rooms. 

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4080.JPG

IMG_4081.JPG

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

IMG_4084.JPG

IMG_4086.JPG

IMG_4085.JPG

IMG_4087.JPG

Hotel Fraser is a good stop. Good pics; thanks for sharing and glad you didn't get knocked off your trip plan by the storm.

There were quite a few years that the trail into Perce wasn't being groomed - or was only being groomed about once a month. Too bad b/c places like Roland's and Fleur de Lis Hotel got hurt by it. Maybe others can chime in but I believe it was some kind of landowner dispute(?)

33 minutes ago, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

Hotel Fraser is a good stop. Good pics; thanks for sharing and glad you didn't get knocked off your trip plan by the storm.

There were quite a few years that the trail into Perce wasn't being groomed - or was only being groomed about once a month. Too bad b/c places like Roland's and Fleur de Lis Hotel got hurt by it. Maybe others can chime in but I believe it was some kind of landowner dispute(?)

I think you are right, the trail that goes up behind the church to the overlook is closed and still no gas in Percè

Left Hotel Fraser and headed west, trails were all groomed up again today. We stopped at a few of the snowmobile club relays, always great stops. Traffic starting to ramp up, saw more today than the whole week combined. Stayed at PALC for the night

Sitting at Groomer's clubhouse, here are some pics from yesterday. Not sure why the need for crossing guards at the road bridge in Cascapedia but they are not much help lol

IMG_4089.JPG

IMG_4090.JPG

IMG_4091.JPG

IMG_4092.JPG

IMG_4093.JPG

IMG_4094.JPG

IMG_4095.JPG

IMG_4096.JPG

IMG_4097.JPG

Took 5 west today stopping at Groomers clubhouse for a break. Headed up to 587 to Redemption for gas and lunch then came back a couple miles to 579. Took the 579 all the way to 578 and into Rimouski to the L'Empress for the night. Just a heads up if you want to go see the mummies up by the radar they have the road plowed down pretty hard right now. It is doable but plowed down to the ice.

Thanks for the pics & notes!  Love that ride! 

And good to see the Yammis dialed in! Gas can & wheels & insurance strap over the bags were all lessons learned for me!

And hats off for making it bearable for the babes!

14 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Thanks for the pics & notes!  Love that ride! 

And good to see the Yammis dialed in! Gas can & wheels & insurance strap over the bags were all lessons learned for me!

And hats off for making it bearable for the babes!

Sure thing Playhard, probably should have posted this thread in the general section so more people would have seen it but thought this was a good place. Last few years we have been trying to keep the miles down each day makes it more fun for everyone so we just plan an extra day or two. I am happy with my Yamaha all around but I wish they would give us a bigger tank. Put the Elka shock in the rear skid this year after I lost all the air out of the original shock last year in Maine and couldn't pump it back up. We tried communicators this year for the first time and were impressed. We went with the Scala rider Pack Talk and they work well.