Snow storm totals

anysledwilldoo

Is there a site where one can go to see actual snow falls after a particular storm on a map of Quebec? I can see what was forecasted, but haven't been able to find what actually happened . THANKS to anyone fore the help

1 hour ago, anysledwilldoo said:

Is there a site where one can go to see actual snow falls after a particular storm on a map of Quebec? I can see what was forecasted, but haven't been able to find what actually happened . THANKS to anyone fore the help

If you find one let me know, I asked the weather network the same question a few years back. They are great at predicting this or that and weather alerts etc, but not post accumulation info or how a storm played out. I can get that sort of recap on the Montreal news but the weather there is often different from up north in the mountains. I did get a reply back and if I remember rightly it said I could get that information from some historical data page. As I remember I found it useless, the data was not current enough or something.

Ditto to what you said Cnc, the day before the storm I read that ........fill in the area is forecasted for 12" of snow, the day after I cannot find out what the actual snow fall amounted to. Sure would be nice to know if that area where you are wanting to ride in received the snow you were hoping for .

Environment Canada and other weather media (metio media, weather network) are reluctant in giving this info because their success rate in predicting the weather is less than 50%.

Now imagine if you preformed less than 50% at your work...    would you still have a job? Lol

I share the same frustration. Ive never found a site that shows the weather observers snow totals the day after a storm, as well as snow on ground. Down here its posted on the NWS site.

The big depth maps just give a general idea, but thats about it. I was up Sunday, and there was only about about a foot on the ground from Shawinigan to QCity. Letape had a solid 3 feet, St.raymond a healthy 2. But, it snowed, glazed several inches on tuesday, so should be better now.............