trail status mount Laurier Area

zrtkat

Hello I am trying to figure out different areas and how to get trail Conditions for a certain area, I just got off the phone with the Comfort inn and booked rooms for mid February she said all trails are closed in that area,and I would like to find how to check trail conditions before we leave.

We might have to reschedule part of our trip if the snow is low in that area

Thanks Greg

25 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

Hello I am trying to figure out different areas and how to get trail Conditions for a certain area, I just got off the phone with the Comfort inn and booked rooms for mid February she said all trails are closed in that area,and I would like to find how to check trail conditions before we leave.

We might have to reschedule part of our trip if the snow is low in that area

Thanks Greg

A friend of mine was just there yesterday. He said trails are groomed and in good shape. They are low on snow but this will only improve over the next week.

Look up the specific clubs that groom the area and follow them on their web page or even better FB. Most clubs respond to comments made on their FB page. Having said that mid February is 3 weeks away a lot can happen from now till then.

15 hours ago, Cnc said:

Look up the specific clubs that groom the area and follow them on their web page or even better FB. Most clubs respond to comments made on their FB page. Having said that mid February is 3 weeks away a lot can happen from now till then.

Facebook is now a powerful tool for trail conditions. Anyhow we crossed baskatong reservoir yesterday and it is thin with rocks around windigo village but things are improving towards ste-anne du lac. North of ste- anne du lac trails were table top. TQ13 via Notawissi(closed btw) up to mitchi reservoir and down to ste-anne.wow!!

two thumbs up to Piteman SC 

20180125_172838.jpg

20180125_145941.jpg

1 hour ago, Mid Range said:

Facebook is now a powerful tool for trail conditions. Anyhow we crossed baskatong reservoir yesterday and it is thin with rocks around windigo village but things are improving towards ste-anne du lac. North of ste- anne du lac trails were table top. TQ13 via Notawissi(closed btw) up to mitchi reservoir and down to ste-anne.wow!!

two thumbs up to Piteman SC 

20180125_172838.jpg

20180125_145941.jpg

Reason for closure?  Reopening this season? Is the local orange opened that splits 13 and 33/53.

Wood runner map shows 13 all green and opened.

Thank you , Greg

Edited by doonali

7 hours ago, doonali said:

Reason for closure?  Reopening this season? Is the local orange opened that splits 13 and 33/53.

Wood runner map shows 13 all green and opened.

Thank you , Greg

The place itself is closed Greg.Sorry for the confusion. Yes local trail is open from 13 to 33/53.

Great ride again today. We left baskatong to ste-anne du lac to mekoos-lunic-cent lacs down to fer à cheval.Great conditions20180126_114013.thumb.jpg.e51080cb3a113c9270e018f2d31236cc.jpg

Thank-You everyone for posting pictures the trails look Great I was a little concerned when the Lady at comfort Inn at Mount Laurier said the trails are closed these pictures give me hope that the trails will improve by the week of February 12th.

Thanks again for all the people that reached out and giving their suggestions the message boards are a great source of information:good:

Greg

l