Montagne du Diable

Blueblood

Devils mountain is cool. Besides the look out and relais on top, a couple of other spots on the mountain and at its base to see are the chutes du Windigo. Was a small motel / restaurant there that we used to stay at. Was closed a few seasons back not sure if it reopened but the falls are cool and you could/ can ride up to them. Also we used to go up the CIP trail. Again not sure if it is accessible anymore, but if it is, it went up to some cell towers and that part of the mountain is higher than the relais I believe. Often in the clouds and frost on everything 

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

14 hours ago, Blueblood said:

At 100 lac.  Place is very nice.  Scenery is beautiful.  Best part the people who work here understand English very well.

They are just super, and the lodge and chalets are comfortable and inviting.  We're slated to arrive there this coming Friday as part of our annual "Club Trip".  They'll be hosting over 50 Hill & Gully Riders as a group for the first time.  The re-route of the TQ 53 through Papineau-Labelle shortens the ride from the clubhouse to a bit over 300 klicks, which makes it very do-able for a large group (though a number of our gang are trucking to Mont-Laurier and starting from there ....).  Can't wait ... I feel like a kid before Christmas!

First day overcast and spiting snow.  Decided to head north to parent.  Trails were groomed nice and flat a few ticks on the skis.   At parent we headed down 13 to fer a cheval.  Trails were still in decent shape.  We meet up with a huge group of 30 sleds headed north from ste--anne-du -lac.  Trails got rougher after meeting with them.  We then took the local trail around reservoir mitchinamecus.  Trails threw here hadn't been touched by a groomer in awhile.  Half way across we crossed into a different club that had been grooming recently.  When we got to 33 to get back to 100 lac it was rough.  190 miles for the day.  But all is good while fueling up the sleds we saw the groomer going threw the woods 😀

37 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Rode 33S to Lac du repos. There's a detour on 33S west of Manawan that is not marked. Recommend taking the detour. Lots of plowed road on 33s due to logging. 

Not marked? how did you discover? I plan on running through there in a couple wks. Thanks

Edited by doonali

15 hours ago, Blueblood said:

ItMet a group of guys on the trail head that j seeust came through from there. It was fresh cut but groomed. Imontoneige does not show this new trail section. 

Huh??? lol

Sorry about that post apparently I need to proof read better.  We met a group of riders that were coming off the detour is how we found it.  Imotoneige does not have the detour section.  If you are headed south from 100 lacs it is past the 53 intersection.  I remember it about 45 miles from 100 lacs.  The detour is very new headed towards repos it is a left hand turn.  Then the detour comes back to 33 about ten miles from manawan.  They are not grooming that section of 33 just the detour.  So with more snow it will be easier to spot.  Hope this helps you know where it is better.  We couldn't believe there wasn't a sign up at each end.

On 2018-01-26 at 5:31 PM, Cnc said:

Devils mountain is cool. Besides the look out and relais on top, a couple of other spots on the mountain and at its base to see are the chutes du Windigo. Was a small motel / restaurant there that we used to stay at. Was closed a few seasons back not sure if it reopened but the falls are cool and you could/ can ride up to them. Also we used to go up the CIP trail. Again not sure if it is accessible anymore, but if it is, it went up to some cell towers and that part of the mountain is higher than the relais I believe. Often in the clouds and frost on everything 

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

The trail to the CIP tower is still there, last winter it was groomed to the top, I was surprised as it usually isn’t groomed. The Auberge/Relais Windigo st the falls no longer exists, past by there last winter and no more building, don’t know what happened.

1 hour ago, Trailblazer said:

The trail to the CIP tower is still there, last winter it was groomed to the top, I was surprised as it usually isn’t groomed. The Auberge/Relais Windigo st the falls no longer exists, past by there last winter and no more building, don’t know what happened.

That's too bad about the Windigo, stayed there several times. It was inexpensive yet not a dump. Stayed at the Village du Windigo too ( read loading up on brownie points with the wife).😇