Dakkar hotel to Delta hotel in a day?

MIshDoo

First time riding in Eastern Quebec, so I've been trying to read a lot of posts from other riders of where to stay.  Four of us are leaving Sunday morning Feb. 11th from the Dakkar hotel in Shawinigan and plan on riding to Delta hotel in Saguenay for two days, then return to the Dakkar hotel  Tuesday evening.  I wanted to stay in Saint Raymond which is closer, but the Roquemont is booked for that Saturday night.  We don't mind putting on some miles, just don't want to be exhausted getting up to Saguenay.  Any advice from guys that know the area would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Its a good ride on a Sunday to Delta from Drakkar. Very Doable but a big day. Best bet right to St Raymond From Drakkar, leave early most locals don’t get out early on Sunday. 

http://fcmq.viaexplora.com/i?s=EQS2C4G1INgFhgZgAyIDQHZGLigumrABxEzICMaR5RGtBkRcqRAnFUQExHZ4HABbCJAC05colLlkRNOW5xOrTsiq4MAVlUwMrVl34AXCMADWGEADMAHsCA&r=1

1822F793-6AB6-4A28-9F28-949973BA7746.thumb.png.f52916da4b19370efc9d55f82c1daf6a.png

Edited by iceman

It’s up to you. You could do one day up and explore around on Mont Valin, or go up and around Lac St Jean. To go back if you do Mont Valin then you could go back down 83 then 3 back. Or go over Roberval and go the other 83 to 73 to La Tuque or 355 to Lac Edouard to La Tuque the. Shawinigan. Too many choices. 

I think I have the trip planned. Day 1 Drakkar to the Delta hotel in Saguenay via Saint Raymond and up trail 23.  Probably close to 300 miles with fuel stops.  It will be long, but we have done 300 in a day before.  Day 2 from Saguenay to Baie-Saint-Paul via trail 83 and 3.  Staying at the Hotel Baie-Saint-Paul.  Day 3 from Baie-Saint-Paul back to Drakkar in Shawinigan staying on trail 3.  If anyone has opinions about the route, I'd be happy to hear what you think.  Thanks again.

3 hours ago, MIshDoo said:

I think I have the trip planned. Day 1 Drakkar to the Delta hotel in Saguenay via Saint Raymond and up trail 23.  Probably close to 300 miles with fuel stops.  It will be long, but we have done 300 in a day before.  Day 2 from Saguenay to Baie-Saint-Paul via trail 83 and 3.  Staying at the Hotel Baie-Saint-Paul.  Day 3 from Baie-Saint-Paul back to Drakkar in Shawinigan staying on trail 3.  If anyone has opinions about the route, I'd be happy to hear what you think.  Thanks again.

Go for it. Looks good to me.

On 1/29/2018 at 8:39 PM, MIshDoo said:

Your second day will be short, 150 miles and they are fast miles. If your last day is on the weekend stay away from Quebec area on #3, it gets real bad fast. IF you want to add some miles to your second day go 83 to 383, in L Anse St Jean,  take the orange trail south back to 83, if its a sunny day, great scenery.