Most scenic areas around Shawinigan

Spitzna

Stay at Auberge Drakkar. Trail Passes right there. Safe secure parking. Great people. 

How many KM you want a day will depend on where I send you. 

Edited by iceman

I’m comfortable with 200-225 miles a day. Preferably returning to same hotel. I rode saquenay a few years and that’s the mileage we did each day with no issue and making it back before dusk. Thanks for the response. My other area possibly to go would be Manoir lac du William by theford mines area and ride east of there. 

I agree with iceman. Drakkar is the place to stay.     Reggie and Nancy are great.  Passes etc. on site. Great place to stage for daily loops. Up the river and to latuque and come back down 73 and back over to Drakkar.  About 230 miles. Head west on 23 to le cabanon and up 345 to 360 east and down m19 to river back to Drakkar.  About 230 miles also.  Those are just a couple of many areas to ride in that area. 

Edited by Triggerhappy

Iceman,

We are headed that way Wed also. 

Can t open the links on my iPhone. Get the following message in French, need help to translate.

Viaexplora map opens but no routes showing. Zooming in doesn't make the route appear?

Thanks

IMG_2275.PNG

25 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Iceman,

We are headed that way Wed also. 

Can t open the links on my iPhone. Get the following message in French, need help to translate.

Viaexplora map opens but no routes showing. Zooming in doesn't make the route appear?

Thanks

IMG_2275.PNG

When you hit OK the route is not there? Works on my Ipad. 

Just hit ok. 

18 minutes ago, Spitzna said:

Thanks guys hopefully I’ll be able tomorrow get up there Thursday for 3 days of riding. Iceman how’s gas along those two routes?

Gas not a problem. First Route, gas at Mattawin then at Cabanon

second route many options for gas 

Got the link figured out. I had an old 2016-2017 map was using on my phone.

Down loaded the 2018 iMotoneige an all is good.

Since switching from my Yamaha to 850 Ski Doo nothing seems to work right until I add expensive 2 stroke oil to it.😖

2 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Since switching from my Yamaha to 850 Ski Doo nothing seems to work right until I add expensive 2 stroke oil to it.😖

Yes, that’s the price you pay. 2 stroke oil, ha! Kinda like having a Rotary Phone. Why?

just kidding I know why, but never again for me.

Drakkar has a breakfast.   Not off a menu or anything.  Usually eggs, hash browns/potatoes, cereal, fruit, croissants, breads, coffee, juices etc.   I like it.  Plenty to eat and great for the day.   If we don't stop to eat dinner on the way back to the hotel we usually have reggie order us something.  He has menus from many places local (pizza, pasta, etc)  Plus he knows of better sit down restaurants if you ask.  It is nice to just get back put sleds in garage and settle down in the leather recliners in front of the TV in the main lobby area and have food delivered.  Talking with other riders about trails etc..   And the Maple whiskey shots he gives....  MMMMMM

Edited by Triggerhappy

I stayed an Manoir du Lac William.  I can't think of a better place with your wife.  GREAT hotel, nice trails, amazing outdoor spa. Most plans include dinner and breakfast (you don't have to, but, I'd recommend it).  Or can drive like 20 minutes to Thetford Mines, many choices for sinner there by car.  Only a few by sled.

Also, they have enclosed, heated, locked storage (as does the Drakkar or at least it used to).  From VT it would be way closer to than the Drakkar.

Drakkar used to be the Safari, unless they did some amazing upgrades, I know that at least my wife would hate it.

Main issue for that time of year South of QC is snow coverage.  We did the Gaspe first week in March last year and the Chauderie region around Manoir du Lac William was done by than, this year who know?

13 minutes ago, fredsleds said:

Drakkar used to be the Safari, unless they did some amazing upgrades, I know that at least my wife would hate it.

It is totally renovated. Nothing like before. Secure parking, heated enclosed garage for sleds. 

On 1/29/2018 at 4:13 PM, Triggerhappy said:

And the Maple whiskey shots he gives....  MMMMMM

Nuthin like it!  Especially when Reggie brings the frosty bottle to you in the cigar lounge/heated garage!

Edited by PLAYHARD

On 1/30/2018 at 5:18 PM, RIYAMAHA said:

Does the Auberge Gouverneur have secure parking?

Gouv used to be our HQ. For many years. But between snowblowing a deep walking cut in the old sled corral, and leaving the parking gates open all night, they lost that luvin feelin. 

At Drakkar it's super easy to order in from lots of places, or unhitch & drive to dinner., plus gas & deppaneur is on the trail across the street. These guys have the hospitality thing worked out. Plus it just feels good to support the local mom & pops.