TQ73 from La Tuque to Reliais 22

stupe

In the middle of planning another trip.  How is TQ73 from La Tuque to Relais 22 these days?  About 10 years ago I rode it and swore I'd never do it again.  It was the windy goat path from hell.  Has this gotten any better?  I know it went through some re-routes over the years.  

image.png.a10a72c05224685ba5e490023e020979.png

Oh cool thanks.  I'll give it another shot.  I'm not looking for a super-highway (actually I guess I am) but as long as it's not 20mph the whole way I'm good.  We used to just jump on the road and take that into Relais 22 after a while.  We are headed to Windigo, I think you can short-cut from 73 across the reservoir if you knew where you were going.  Wish there was an established trail that way...

When you are at windigo, look across the street up the Valley, you will see a small river, there is a trail up the river that brings you to a big lake. There is a little riding in the woods then you pop up on the lake. Stay to the right hand shore heading north, they will be a trail and keep going until you get to a red log cabin on the right hand side. The trail goes around the left side of the cabin thru a drive way to the trail, stay left and go about 10 miles to a y, the y goes up hills to the right and left. The left hand turn goes to Lac st jean and the right hand turn drops you right into the parking lot at relay 22 in about 1 minute, this saves a lot of time and you could get directions at windigo, this is easy to do with out getting lost.

Not really sure about it being on trak maps but locals who have cabins on the reservoir ride in and out quite a bit and if you look at the local road maps you will see where the road runs around the east side of the shore. You do cross that road between relay 22 and windigo a couple of times while riding on 73.

Just so you know they are working  there after you get off the Reservoir (or they were 2 weeks ago) and there is a possibility the road to get back to 73 could be sanded. Just so you are aware of the possibility we went through on weekend and had snowed a little. Or maybe they are gone now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 9:01 AM, dooright said:

As Iceman says , We did the shortcut Friday (2/2) and it was sanded for about 9 miles .. Plus lots of Hydro Quebec trucks passing as there putting in a massive new line . 

Dooright, I see you are from Essex Junction. Do you know a guy by the name Curt Montgomery? I think his wifes name was Christine??

4 hours ago, sledzz said:

Dooright, I see you are from Essex Junction. Do you know a guy by the name Curt Montgomery? I think his wifes name was Christine??

Hmmm , Not that I know of . 

But then again I meet lots of people every day that I know by sight .