Team Iceman report..... trip 2

iceman

Almost forgot, saw something I’ve never seen before today. My camera was dead, but near two road crossings in Royun Noranda the club has set up what i will call “blinds” one was made of 2x4’s with cloth strung between them, the other was more solid using concrete forms (like used to pour a foundation) they are to shield the houses there from the headlights of sleds shining into the houses. First time I’ve ever seen anything like this. 

Anymore insight on the communicators? Battery life / clarity / distance

years ago we ran the collets and I thought they brought much value for safety.....groomer beacon, wash out, oncoming traffic etc

after they went out of business we never pursued another system

1 hour ago, Scranton1 said:

years ago we ran the collets and I thought they brought much value for safety.....groomer beacon, wash out, oncoming traffic etc

Sena 20S 

distance not super great but we are never that far apart just enough tobe out of the snow dust, they have a warning beep to let you know you are getting out of range

batter has lasted all day. Says 13hr talktime but not sure it also said 1.2 mile range in flat terrain maybe. 

Sound quality is excellent.

so far good for us 

2 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

I think trail bingo would be more fun with Louie on the trail!  At least you wouldn't lose him and bound to pass him one way or another LOL!

That is friggin funny, and so very true.

16 hours ago, Scranton1 said:

Collett is still in business.Ordered from them last year. They work great.

18 hours ago, iceman said:

Sena 20S 

distance not super great but we are never that far apart just enough tobe out of the snow dust, they have a warning beep to let you know you are getting out of range

batter has lasted all day. Says 13hr talktime but not sure it also said 1.2 mile range in flat terrain maybe. 

Sound quality is excellent.

so far good for us 

Not to hijack but to add further opinion, We run 20s.  The battery has been great for us, will last all day unless -20F then you should put unit in pocket for minute when you stop for gas or break. 

The distance is decent not great but for most scenarios its exactly whats needed and reconnects automatically most of the time other wise just tap you glove to it ant it reconnects when in range.  

It connects to your phone if you want to listen to music or be on a conference call...  Also can adjust settings and connection through the phone app which is nice.

The updates are available regularly through the Sena website so the units are always able to be improved as they find new ways.

19 minutes ago, Teet F8SP said:

Not to hijack but to add further opinion, We run 20s.  The battery has been great for us, will last all day unless -20F then you should put unit in pocket for minute when you stop for gas or break. 

The distance is decent not great but for most scenarios its exactly whats needed and reconnects automatically most of the time other wise just tap you glove to it ant it reconnects when in range.  

It connects to your phone if you want to listen to music or be on a conference call...  Also can adjust settings and connection through the phone app which is nice.

The updates are available regularly through the Sena website so the units are always able to be improved as they find new ways.

X2. I can ride 2 days on 1 charge.  1 thing I have found is more than a 2 person link can be hard to set up but I don’t want the entire group in my ear anyway. 

Day 4 Tuesday 

Yes a cold one this morning in Abitibi. Not easy leaving the comfort of the Motel. Must move on. We leave and commence our “trail bingo” or Pacman if you will of the maze of Orange trails and the loop of 93 up over the top of La Sarre. Bingo takes time up and around back and across. Then back to grab another section. We bang it out. Spectacular conditions except the wicked cold. Trail is incredible everywhere here near La Sarre. Groomer is out grooming a perfect trail. Fine with me everyone got a job to do. We see a few locals out braving the arctic air. Very uneventful day, tough to really love it except for the conditions. Iceman was cold. If you took your gloves off for a minute it was tough to warm your hands back up. We wrap up our game of bingo and now its 3pm. Time to make tracks east on 93 to Amos. 93 does not disappoint. Fresh groom and really the best I ever seen it. We fly. Into Amos on perfect trail at 4:30. Into Hotel Eskers, two happy riders. Looking forward to a great meal here at the pub and enjoying our happy hour now. Tomorrow our time out here comes to an end as we return east on 83 direction Clova. Not a giant mile day but lot’s of fun. 225 miles. Wicked cold. Gps says moving average of 42 mph. The cold is inspiring. 

Until next time. 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Day 4 Tuesday 

Yes a cold one this morning in Abitibi. Not easy leaving the comfort of the Motel. Must move on. We leave and commence our “trail bingo” or Pacman if you will of the maze of Orange trails and the loop of 93 up over the top of La Sarre. Bingo takes time up and around back and across. Then back to grab another section. We bang it out. Spectacular conditions except the wicked cold. Trail is incredible everywhere here near La Sarre. Groomer is out grooming a perfect trail. Fine with me everyone got a job to do. We see a few locals out braving the arctic air. Very uneventful day, tough to really love it except for the conditions. Iceman was cold. If you took your gloves off for a minute it was tough to warm your hands back up. We wrap up our game of bingo and now its 3pm. Time to make tracks east on 93 to Amos. 93 does not disappoint. Fresh groom and really the best I ever seen it. We fly. Into Amos on perfect trail at 4:30. Into Hotel Eskers, two happy riders. Looking forward to a great meal here at the pub and enjoying our happy hour now. Tomorrow our time out here comes to an end as we return east on 83 direction Clova. Not a giant mile day but lot’s of fun. 225 miles. Wicked cold. Gps says moving average of 42 mph. The cold is inspiring. 

Until next time. 

Looks like we are in the same neighborhood, over at the Amosphere tonight, having a new track replaced after some delamination action going on today. All fixed in the am we hope. The rest of RR crew went north to Matagami, swinging back by for the mid day. 

have a great ride boys

RR

6 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Looks like we are in the same neighborhood, over at the Amosphere tonight, having a new track replaced after some delamination action going on today. All fixed in the am we hope. The rest of RR crew went north to Matagami, swinging back by for the mid day. 

have a great ride boys

RR

Swing and a miss again for us getting together RR. We prefer Hotel Eskers when here in Amos. Pub is great here. We are off to Clova tmmrw. Headed for the barn on friday. The track on the Freeride is the issue? How many in your crew this run?

We have 4 in the crew Ice,  I had changed the stock 2.5 track to a 2” track, purchased that track last year mid  season and ran it on my 17 Freeride for 3k. Put it on this years and have 4500 on this years free ride,  so track has got 7500 on it.  A few hot suppers included.  Live and learn 😉. 

Happy trails

RR

3 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

We have 4 in the crew Ice,  I had changed the stock 2.5 track to a 2” track, purchased that track last year mid  season and ran it on my 17 Freeride for 3k. Put it on this years and have 4500 on this years free ride,  so track has got 7500 on it.  A few hot suppers included.  Live and learn 😉. 

Happy trails

RR

Yes sir, surely it will work it with the track. Happy Trails as well to you and the crew

36 minutes ago, mcstar said:

If there are no more rooms in the school house, I think Dominic will set you up in the Tamarac, he has done that before.

I already got a room there. But yes Tamarac is open too but just to sleep, no bar etc. i asked on the way out here at the gas/resto. She said you can stay at either place.

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

Iceman, is the Tamarac where you stay in Clova?  

52 minutes ago, dooright said:

Pretty sure the only gig in Clova is the school house as the Tamarac has been closed for a few years now .  Of course , Martin is just a short skip of 30 miles north :-)

Tamarac open too for rooms only. Food/bar at Gas station. I will be in the Auberge at School House 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Tamarac open too for rooms only. Food/bar at Gas station. I will be in the Auberge at School House 

Request the Tamarac, I stayed in Room 23 I believe. Heat on high and we still slept with our suits on!  haha.