Updated LA Cache

smclelan

We were there last week. Got gas and had a drink. Other people were there so we didn't eat but had a great conversation with the guy pumping gas. Said his wife was running the restaurant and was a great cook. Note the gas was cheap.  No tax on it. The trail is different than last year. Something about a bridge out. He said they were going to have gas all season and have meals too. Super guy to talk too. Be safe and enjoy .

• 2 weeks later...

While in the area, did anyone notice if the trail just North of La Cache that goes down to the Carlton/Nouvelle area was groomed? I spoke with a local from New Richmond a couple of weeks ago and he said that they were supposed to resume grooming it this year. Nice trail, it would be great if they did start maintaining it again.

3 hours ago, P Hardy said:

While in the area, did anyone notice if the trail just North of La Cache that goes down to the Carlton/Nouvelle area was groomed? I spoke with a local from New Richmond a couple of weeks ago and he said that they were supposed to resume grooming it this year. Nice trail, it would be great if they did start maintaining it again.

i just checked on their fb page....no news about that...

jean-guy

3 hours ago, P Hardy said:

Sure looked groomed to me. Passed by Friday. Did not go down it but looked groomed. 

Five of us stopped at La Cache on Saturday for gas and a meal, a whole new spot.  The new management was very friendly and obliging. The food was excellent, good old fashion home-made boiled pork dinner, with pea soup and desert.  Inside was bright, clean, and inviting. They have rooms ready for rent, however I think at least one has to get the shower finished.  $130 tx incl for the room, this includes breakfast.  The rooms have two beds, so two guys split the room and each get breakfast, a good deal i believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped at la cache again today on the way through.  Another great meal and very friendly folks. Italian leek soup, Shepard's pie, and chocolate cream pie.  To those that struggle with the native tongue in Quebec both people today spoke perfect English. Well worth putting in the agenda along the way. 

On 2/19/2018 at 4:29 PM, smclelan said:

Five of us stopped at La Cache on Saturday for gas and a meal, a whole new spot.  The new management was very friendly and obliging. The food was excellent, good old fashion home-made boiled pork dinner, with pea soup and desert.  Inside was bright, clean, and inviting. They have rooms ready for rent, however I think at least one has to get the shower finished.  $130 tx incl for the room, this includes breakfast.  The rooms have two beds, so two guys split the room and each get breakfast, a good deal i believe.

Actually folks operating the place are Mic Mak Indians . They speak only native and English.

7 hours ago, GT Rider said:

Hi Steven,

By any chance did someone pay for your meal at La Cache?

We met some nice people from NS. While we were there. Our check was mixed up with theirs.

Was that you? You were the couple riding two up?