Fun With Dick and Sam 2.0

timberman

3 hours ago, timberman said:

Sam and Steve arrived for a pit stop at Auberge Lac Faillion at 2:15 pm after 405 easy kilometres from Matagami.  Trail from Senneterre to Lac Faillion was 10/10.  Lots of snow, blue skies, no troubles. 

Having a quick glass of milk, then on to Balbuzard.  

633C7294-7827-4931-B88A-07B9FB3B715E.jpeg

been to lac fallion before do not remember this stop?

Steve and Sam now ensconced at Pourvoirie Balbuzard, enjoying a pre dinner drink.  Trail from Lac Faillion to Balbuzard was fabulous, it’s wild burned-over land with gorgeous scenery.  Steve was lucky to spot a mama lynx with two kittens.  Steve also enjoying himself here.  

8F8F2045-7DA7-4DBD-9358-4EF2352EC319.jpeg

7:00 am Friday morning at Balbuzard.  Sam and Steve have had fabulous hospitality and food here.  Filet mignon of venison for supper!!

They are cannonballing to Mont Laurier today with forecast for freezing rain later this aft.  No worries, these horses are heading for the barn!!

12 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Was there a big old dog on one of the chairs by that fireplace?...

big blue house;gas pump out front.maybe my memorys lax.inside looks different?looks bigger than what i remember it to be..was there in 2013..the dog?like i said memory is bad.

Iceman - I remember the dog from 2010. 

The pared down Team of Sam and Steve arrived in Mont Laurier from Balbuzard about 5:00 pm, in the teeth of a visor-coating freezing rain storm.  Trails from Balbuzard, through the Parent junction, south past Pourvoirie Fer de Cheval were terrific other than a nasty bit of logging as they approached the Parent junction. 

The trend continued to Saint Anne du Lac, where conditions abruptly deteriorated.  It was a rough banging ride the last 90 km into Mont Laurier.  Ice, rocks, ungroomable snow conditions. Pouring rain didn’t help.  If you’re trailering up this way, don’t stop till you’re at Saint Anne du Lac.  

In any event, it was another terrific Quebec ride for the Team - 2635 km in six days staging from Mont Laurier, looping through Kanawata, Relais 22, Alma, east side of Lac St Jean, Chibougamou, Matagami, Amos, Senneterre, and the Parent junction. 

Thanks to all who followed or chimed in!