Rain rain go away....

iceman

1 hour ago, RoweBoat said:

I’m heading to Le Cabanon in St. Zenon on Friday, hopefully the rain is light and the trails survive. Might have to cancel Thursday after the rain they are calling for on Wednesday.

Tremblant where I live they are calling for 20-30 mm for Tuesday and 5 mm on Wednesday with a high of 8 c before it cools down on Thursday. Seems a lot like it might be a repeat of what happened 4-5 weeks ago ruining most of the trails till we got more snow and cold. Back then all that rain and run off collected in low lying areas flooding many parts of the trail system around here. St Zeon weather may not be much different from Tremblant weather so yeah it might be crappy conditions by Thursday.

2 hours ago, RoweBoat said:

Anyone has an update on the St. Zenon area? Just wondering how much rain they are getting today?

Heading up on Friday, but wondering if I should cancel ??

Can tell you specifically, but if we got a fair bit around Tremblant, so did they. Rained yesterday all day on and off and last night. No much rain today and getting windy so I guess the cold front is coming in soon. Have not checked our local trails yet but I imagine they will freeze up hard with bare spots, water in the low spots and maybe icy on the hills. My lake which had 8-10 inches of snow on it Monday, is full of slush at the moment. 5cm of snow predicted for Friday and 5-10cm for Sunday around here.

Info on trails in my area from the two clubs, one puts a positive spin on sledding for the weekend, the other puts the brakes on until further notice.

F173FFB9-4EEF-43C3-BB74-52E20F883641.jpeg

0A4C737D-C7C7-4724-81A7-3ED0BBFA3B91.png

went thru St zenon, St Michelle area a week ago on a Saturday, they do an incredible job grooming there, but it was brown in and out of town, down to nothing, much better 5 miles out of each town, but this melt down, only thing that will fix this is more snow, no grooming until it freezes hard, go north!!

I just came back from Beaupre today.  The trails will survive.  Rode TQ3 yesterday from Quebec City to Beaupre and it was bumped up but had good snow.  Freezing rain the whole way.  Never got above freezing until this morning.  Trail 369 up to L Etape was mint yesterday with tons of snow.  The trails will bounce back quickly.  

Seriously, I need the trail from my dealer in Trois Rivières to be OK Sunday morning!

Been liking riding right out of their garage and not dealing with the 4 place this season. 

Plan is to go north to Roberval while it's forecasted to be dumping 4"-6" on Sunday. 

Then up to Chib & west etc...

3 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Ice'dude! How's the trails @ Indy?!

Negative trails here. Or in Toronto, no snow on ground at all. Definitely depressing to say the least, an early look at things to come back home. Wishing you a bon Voyage hopefully it will cooperate from Pierres for you guys.