PLAYHARD Playing Easy: Mauricie/Charlevoix "Kush Tour"

PLAYHARD

Great report & pic's.

We ran out of Deschambault which is a bit south west of St Raymond just at the Highway 40 and took the 3 mainly across to the 83 Saturday. 3 was hit & miss for good to not so good. It was crazy busy or at least more than what I am used to seeing way up north. We to stopped at the Relais Le Michelieu as well mid afternoon and the gas guy said they had a counter the weekend before and 2500 sleds went through on 1 day. Nice to see people enjoying the sport but from now on I'm staying north , lol. We ended up at the Ravage as well for the night. Unfortunately when I booked they only had space in a cabin available and the water wasn't working in it even after 2 try's so I cant say it was the best stay, or at least for that price! I had the Elk, what were you served? It looked great and I can't say I saw any others with a  similar plate.

Thanks for the full write up,

Mike

16 hours ago, Stei said:

Great report and pics! Might have to check out that area sometime. Would you recommend to bring the wife? She's not a novice but not one I would consider highly experienced either, never been to QC before and not one for 200 mile days. Looks like nice accomodations..?

It is a great trip for the women.  The riding is wide open. The Auberge du Ravage is top notch but be forewarned-it's pricy  Add in the Fairmont Richelieu and she'll want to go every year!   

2 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

took the 3...Saturday...not so good...crazy busy...2500 sleds went through on 1 day...from now on I'm staying north...

I had the Elk, what were you served?

Yep! Staying away from the weekends and the heavy traffic areas whenever possible is the ticket!

We were kinda on "full-confidence/auto-pilot" and scarfed up whatever Mike wanted to make us (and there were a couple/few adult beverages involved), so we can't swear which protein the main event was, but it was pretty lean.

Fantastic trip David, thanks for posting pics and stories.  A happy gang for sure 😀

Heading to that area Sunday to loop the lake, Escoumins, etc.  party of 4, riding Monday-Friday.

Indeed, Richelieu is a bargain, will try to incorporate that stop too.

Debating the run back into St Ray whether to just loop back up and over backwards rather through than Q city.

Will wait to see conditions in a couple days. Maybe St Ray will not be far enough North to launch (Trail snobs we are for sure ;<)