2019 ski-doo models released

quebec bob

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

Nice report Terry. Now tell us what your spring snow check order will be!

I'm disappointed they didn't put the 900 Ace in the 129 G4 and I don't understand why they don't put the non-turbo 900 in the MXZ X. Except for 8 or 10 days a year, all my riding is in the NEK and northern NH. There are two 850s in our group, one is an Adrenaline gade and one MXZ X. For the trails I ride most of the time, I can't exactly explain why I don't care for the Ski-Doo 137 and yet love my Polaris 137 (as well as the 129 MXZ X).

One thing is for sure, I'll be keeping the Polaris another season (unless Polaris announces a 129 Axys Monday night).  

Edited by SnowCrazed

Spoke with a doo factory racer that just tested a 900T. Said it did have good power, but felt much heavier than an 850. Most importantly, he didn't feel it had turbo lag, but throttle lag. Said that electronic throttle causes a delay. You would need to think ahead and time a launch off of a crest. Very good high mileage trail sled for cruising, but can not shine the shoes of an 850. Guys that ride hard corner to corner will be disappointed. That sealed the deal for me... unloading my 17 800 Pro-S LE for a 850 XRS.

18 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Terry

regarding the helmet, was the sizing/fit the same as the BV2S? I want to order but I have found some helmets fit differently.

Thanks in advance

Mike

My Bv2S is an XL and the Oxygen I tried was a Large. It was pretty tight and I would opt for the XL Oxygen vs. the L if I was buying one for myself.

Indeed what a great line up once again Ski- doo offers. My 18 year old son Kwiknick ordered a Freeride 146 with free hot start ($750.00) value and 4 year warranty on the 850. Prepped for the 19 season with new Doos !

Was thinking of a four-stroke this year for my Quebec rides but from my experience with the maintenance on them and there never seems to be little issues.  I think two stroke as long as I can.  I personally know a rider that has a 850 skidoo that will be around 10000 miles this year.  And that's in one season.  His first 850 will be over 12k and be sold off at end of season..  no issue with either of these sleds.  Two strokes can last.  I am biased towards Polaris myself and that new 850 looks really nice.

3 hours ago, Snohorse said:

Indeed what a great line up once again Ski- doo offers. My 18 year old son Kwiknick ordered a Freeride 146 with free hot start ($750.00) value and 4 year warranty on the 850. Prepped for the 19 season with new Doos !

Did he get the 2 inch track, that sled will go really good with a 120 lb rider, we need to go to Havre St Pierre and farther!!

6 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

Did he get the 2 inch track, that sled will go really good with a 120 lb rider, we need to go to Havre St Pierre and farther!!

51/21 chain case gearing, better tell nick to get himself a gas and oil can, it will be a blast out of the hole with that gearing but will probably use a little more fuel on the trail.

16 minutes ago, SnowCrazed said:

This looks awesome mikerider! That's an all new rear skid and suspension - the early reports are it's better than rMotion.

2019-Polaris%20Indy-alt.JPG

Looks awesome, only thing holding me back is 12 mpg and $50 oil!

22 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

51/21 chain case gearing, better tell nick to get himself a gas and oil can, it will be a blast out of the hole with that gearing but will probably use a little more fuel on the trail.

2 1/2" track. You know he will have enough of both to help you out !:good:

1 hour ago, Blueblood said:

Was thinking of a four-stroke this year for my Quebec rides but from my experience with the maintenance on them and there never seems to be little issues.  I think two stroke as long as I can.  I personally know a rider that has a 850 skidoo that will be around 10000 miles this year.  And that's in one season.  His first 850 will be over 12k and be sold off at end of season..  no issue with either of these sleds.  Two strokes can last.  I am biased towards Polaris myself and that new 850 looks really nice.

Thanks for the insight ! Have 4400 miles on my 18   850.  :yahoo: My 16 1200 bent a valve @ 4200 miles. Disappointing for sure.:cray:

4 hours ago, quebec bob said:

come on Bob I think he weighs a buck 40 !

On 2/22/2018 at 7:06 PM, smclelan said:

What was the price on the helmet, I did not see it?

If you are referring to the OXYGEN helmet our dealer said when released in September 2018 + - it will be offered at $600USD.

Sorry...Didn't realize initial post was 2/22/18....Don't  know how to delete my response / post. 

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

On 3/8/2018 at 10:42 AM, mikerider said:

Looks awesome, only thing holding me back is 12 mpg and $50 oil!

Hi Mike, had a Polaris Sp Assault 144 last year with the 600.  All you need is a clutch kit from NSP and get at least 15mpg all the time.

And alot better performance. With the 12 gallon tank, I did over 170 miles a couple times.  I used Klotz at $39 shipped to your door.

I'm using Polaris VES this year with my SKS 146 at $37 from my dealer.  Ran 4 strokes for years but having fun again on the 2 strokes.

Edited by favarcat