St. Zenon Weather Feb 21

RoweBoat

I also posting in the General discussion, but was just wondering how much the trail around St. Zenon has been impacted by the rain today?

Anyone have first hand knowledge of the conditions?

Heading up on Friday, but will cancel if the trails are washed out.

Thanks in advance for any information

Roweboat

On 2/21/2018 at 12:50 PM, RoweBoat said:

I also posting in the General discussion, but was just wondering how much the trail around St. Zenon has been impacted by the rain today?

Anyone have first hand knowledge of the conditions?

Heading up on Friday, but will cancel if the trails are washed out.

Thanks in advance for any information

Roweboat

RoweBoat, my Dad and 3 other guys are at LeCabanon now. They arrived Sunday and rode around the area Monday then left Tuesday morning and headed North to Barrage Gouin to avoid the rain as much as possible. When they left Tuesday morning there was over a 1/4” of ice buildup on the sleds. They returned yesterday and the trails were freezing up way earlier than expected and they did have some minor overheating issues as none of them had scratchers. Today they only rode about 100 miles down to Koubek and around the bottom to St. Zenon. Trails are really good and no overheating issues. Typical areas that are bad after a warm up like intersections, road crossings and anyplace where the cars and sleds share the road. Some snow in the forecast for Friday will help with lubrication and cooling