Gaspe - Best Hotels and Attractions

Carman

Hello QR's a group of us are heading to Gaspe Friday March 2nd until Wednesday March 7th riding Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and back to Toronto on Wednesday. I am looking for advice on best places to stay in Gaspe and the best lookouts and must see attractions. The wives like high end accommodations with hot tubs, pools, fine dining, and Spa facilities would be nice cherry on top.

Thanks in advance,

Carm

Edited by Carman

I'd stay and start your trip in Riviere du Loop.  Hotel Universal is sledder central, mUSt make reservations.

I'd stick to the south shore of the St Lawrence and you must see the Chic Choc Mountains.

Stay second day in Matane, lots of hotel there also.

Are you saddle bagging or wanting to stay in one place?

Fred

Saddle bagging clockwise, hoping to arrive in Matane Thursday afternoon and riding to Village Grande Nature Thursday night about 130km of riding I believe. We will be riding about 300-400km/day.

Edited by Carman

Hi Carman

Friend just got home from the Gaspe. They stayed at the Grand one night then the next at the CARIBOU at Rivière de Nard, just north of Gaspe. Said it was a really nice spot. 300 km which you won't want to do much more than that on the north shore. Very scenic but also not real fast trail because of the topography. Will be stopping at the look outs which all takes time.

At New Richmond the Francis hotel is very nice spot .

2 hours ago, Carman said:

Saddle bagging clockwise, hoping to arrive in Matane Thursday afternoon and riding to Village Grande Nature Thursday night about 130km of riding I believe. We will be riding about 300-400km/day.

we did this loop on the 9-16th

2 hours ago, fredsleds said:

I'd stay and start your trip in Riviere du Loop.  Hotel Universal is sledder central, mUSt make reservations.

I'd stick to the south shore of the St Lawrence and you must see the Chic Choc Mountains.

Stay second day in Matane, lots of hotel there also.

Are you saddle bagging or wanting to stay in one place?

Fred

This is what I am thinking. Driving from Toronto to Ottawa/Montreal Thursday after work. Then Friday driving to Matane and riding 130km to Village Grande Nature first night, Gaspe second night, Perce then up to Murdochville 3rd night, across to La Cache and then down to New Richmond 4th night, then up and back to Matane Tuesday, drive home to Toronto Wednesday.

gaspe trip.PNG

Edited by Carman

14 hours ago, Carman said:

The wives like high end accommodations with hot tubs, pools, fine dining, and Spa facilities would be nice cherry on top.

As stated, give yourself time for photos on/in Gaspésie.

Then see "Kush" tour for the nicer digs another time. 

• 2 weeks later...