Ice ripper longevity?

Kyles dad

28 minutes ago, Kyles dad said:

I may be keeping my Renegade 1200 another year but don't want to blow a track in the middle of nowhere next year. She's got about 8300 miles on it and looks fine right now. What kind of miles are you guys getting out of your ice rippers??

I wore mine out on my 14’ Apex XTX at 46k km but that’s all QC trails no where else.

you are good to go. Imho.

Edited by iceman

7000 km on mine and it still looks brand new.  Definitely depends on what you run it on.  I had 20,000 km on a past track (studded, but not an ice ripper).  I’d say 20,000 km is achievable on the ice ripper.  One of the reasons O choose the skeddI did.  Figured that track would outlast the bearings in the skid.

On 2/27/2018 at 9:29 PM, Nickyskidoo said:

Will not last big fast miles, stupid me I'm on my 3rd

Will buy a 2 ply nest time and stud like old days   

This.  Only got 5,800 miles out of mine.  Total POS in my opinion.   2 ply tracks from now on.

On February 24, 2018 at 6:10 PM, iceman said:

I wore mine out on my 14’ Apex XTX at 46k km but that’s all QC trails no where else.

Kirch, full disclosure: Iceman is not gentle in the area of his right thumb!

Anyway, I got 20k QC miles on my '13 Apex XTX w/144" before pealing off a chunk of rubber.