Gt 2018

GT Rider

While having breakfast this morning the guys from NH we had met in Murdochville came in. It was nice chatting with you again. Hope you guys had a good final day. 

We are staying at Valga again so I was able to leave the luggage today. Wow it's nice to lighten up. We got a late start again. I was installing the communicators.  11:00 we head out towards Trois Pistoles. 579 to 5 to 35. It's another warm day. Trail conditions are good. I don't think we hit a bad section of trail all day.

IMG_1187.JPG

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1190.JPG

We take 571 over to 5 check out the falls. After we get fuel and head over to St Fabian. We take some photos and head back toward Valga. Going through St Eugene we see drag racing at the club. We get on 5 east going through Rimouski the warm weather is affecting trail conditions. It's brown for a bit at lower elevations. We make our way back to Valga by 6:00. Another great day.

IMG_1197.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

IMG_1201.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

Next we go to the ski slopes and Golf ball radar. It's our first time over this way. I get up near the top of the ski slopes and realize we have to cross the ski trail. I quickly go up the lookout take a look around and see the trail to the golf ball. While riding over I missed a left turn and got us stuck. We double back and find it.

IMG_1225.JPG

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1230.JPG

IMG_1232.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

IMG_1234.JPG

Next we head over to the Albertville club house. We had a mini gathering with JG, Towing, Krikri and their friend. Gemma and I really enjoyed chatting with QR alumni.

Then we head for Matane. We have to catch the boat in the morning. 

We had great trails today. I have no issues to report until hitting TQ5 just by Matane. It's real snerty. The heat is effecting the snow around here. At the Quality Inn I see that there is a lot more blacktop visible than 8 days ago.

IMG_1237.JPG

IMG_1238.JPG

IMG_1239.JPG

IMG_1242.JPG

IMG_1244.JPG

IMG_1245.JPG

IMG_1246.JPG

IMG_1247.JPG

IMG_1248.JPG

IMG_1249.JPG

IMG_1250.JPG

GT Rider,

Great pics and only making me more excited for my trip in a few days!  Leaving Syracuse tomorrow after work and rolling into Rimouski on Wednesday.  Hit the trails on Thursday bright and early.  Planning to do the big loop.  Was hoping to get a few to tag along, but no takers do to work and commitments.  So I guess it will be solo.

Thanks again for the great pics, really something to look forward to.

Cheers!:yahoo:

1 hour ago, Maximusthunder said:

GT Rider,

Great pics and only making me more excited for my trip in a few days!  Leaving Syracuse tomorrow after work and rolling into Rimouski on Wednesday.  Hit the trails on Thursday bright and early.  Planning to do the big loop.  Was hoping to get a few to tag along, but no takers do to work and commitments.  So I guess it will be solo.

Thanks again for the great pics, really something to look forward to.

Cheers!:yahoo:

Get it now. It's been warm. 

Enjoy.

On 2/26/2018 at 7:53 PM, GT Rider said:

He said I know Jean-Guy well. Pierre sends salutations. He was cool as a cucumber with a great sense of humor. It was nice to meet him.

If that's the same Pierre out of MSP, he's a true-blue ambassador for the sport, took an active role in the local club, gets joy from cutting local trails to give better rides & views, runs the family sled shop (lost the Yammi franchise for under quota new sales), was talking about guiding DP bikes on fishing tours, and does it all on one fake leg!

On 3/2/2018 at 10:03 PM, JohnnyB said:

Gt rider i think i met you years back at Le Bannik?? I was touring with the Intrepid Snowmobiler that week.

Am I correct?

Hi JohnnyB,

It was really nice chatting with you guys at Le Bannik. Great story's about jet ski adventures.

What is the sticker on your wind shield? I thought I saw a Team Iceman sticker when you passed us.

IMG_0814_zps4528261a.jpg

IMG_0815_zpsca47acab.jpg

IMG_0817%20X_zpslkcil6to.jpg

IMG_0818_zpsbdf9bfa8.jpg

Never met the iceman yet.

It was supertrax decal. We are doing our media tour rides for them now. Snow Goer Canada went kaput.

Was that 2013?

You've got a way better memory than I do, I don't recall much. I have plenty of jet ski, sled stories thats for sure.

Trish and I did a 600 mile jet ski trip in Tennessee last spring. It was fantastic!

Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Nashville were the highlight towns along the Cumberland and Tennessee rivers.

20170526_105952.jpg

I do recall that evening with you and Gemma quite well though. I was amazed at all the miles you two do ad a solo act.

Very inspiring.

You didn't meet my better half Trish though. We do a lot of riding together. We had finished up a northern New Brunswick  tour with Craig and decided to extend our stay with a few days in Gaspie.

20180302_130741.jpg

I was looking back at my pictures. 2013.

I'm guessing we missed by about an hour at La Cache.

We passed fairly quick I thought I spotted one of Iceman's stickers. I was way off.

Thanks for the pictures. Nice jet ski adventure. Summer is no problem for you.

On March 11, 2018 at 9:29 PM, JohnnyB said:

I do recall that evening with you and Gemma quite well though. I was amazed at all the miles you two do ad a solo act.

Very inspiring.

You didn't meet my better half Trish though. We do a lot of riding together. We had finished up a northern New Brunswick  tour with Craig and decided to extend our stay with a few days in Gaspie.

20180302_130741.jpg

Johnny B, did you stay at Motel 1212 Friday night? Thought I saw your sleds there

That wasn't us. Edmundston on the 24th of Feb was as close as I got.

Have some friends in Gaspé now, one fellow has the same decal setup as us.