DUBUC BRIDGE HIGHWAY 175

SudburySledder

There is a crossing, across the river, in St Charles du Nord I believe. It connects 383 and 93 essentially.

It is about half way between the Delta and the 383\83 merge (near Herbertville)

Hope this helps.

GutZ

Hi Sudbury,

175 doesn't cross the River Saguenay and I'm not sure of your referral to the Dubuc bridge.  Shipshaw is where the snowmobile trail crosses the River Saguenay via the two auto bridges.  The bridge closest to the Delta is an aluminum bridge and that was under re-construction a few years ago.  It is now open and the snowmobiles along with the cars, use the bridge as they have in the past.  The second bridge near Shipshaw is still auto and snowmobile.  That hasn't changed.

The crossing that GutZ is referring to is at St Charles and the trail crosses the river on the ice.

The third crossing is in Alma via the auto bridge Route 169.

Jack & Sandi

Thanks I actually ride out of the Delta quite often. I hate crossing the two dams as the ride is always a pounding in and out. There is another bridge in Chicoutimi that is called the Dubuc bridge and it may be refered to as the Aluminum Bridge. It had a fire back in 2013. It has a two local trails near by on both sides. So I was curious if the bridge was open and open to snowmobiles.....

The pont Dubuc bridge  is a 4 lane highway,  to my knowledge  it has never  had a trail on it , as Jack said you have 3 options to cross  the river.

Route  175 pont Dubuc  ,  Boulevard ste Genevieve,  leads into  route 172,  connecting  Saguenay, to Chicoutimi Nord,   and the 172 will take  you to  Equipment Villeneuve 

Hope that is of help.