Ice scratchers

FCL

Sure seems to be the winter for ice scratchers, I was looking around on the internet for ideas about mounting my spring ones on the skis instead of the slide rails. I ran across a cheap and probably very effective alternative to store bought scratchers. It is simply a bolt that you pop in a hole at the back of the ski and secure it with a tractor pin. I think this is the vid.

We went this route.  No real feedback yet. Dropped them down for 10kms to make sure they worked.  Seems like a good fit so far.

OTTP ice storm

Edited by Je me souviens
Broken link

Simmons male a wing to bolt on the  inside edge of the ski, just behind the spindle, it does not touch the ground. Basically if sprays the snow from the ski onto the windows at the front of the track, saves the hy-fax and cools the sled. they cost 15 dollars, I do not think you will find any thing easier, or with less maintence, and nothing works as good as these. 10 minutes to put them on and forget about them. You will not believe how ingenious and simple this idea is and it really works!!