Back to the Delta Next Year

Back home ride from Delta to Fairmont Richileu  was fabulous , ride to Sheraton 4 points was ok. overall this was our best trip ever. We decided to come to the Delta for 3 to4 weeks next year , we met so many great people Bill,Danail,Glen, Rick,Kevin,Gary, , and so many more. it is so nice to see so many wives traveling with their men, Carol and I are coming back for sure.

Hi Royce it was great  to meet  you and Carol, it was good talking to you, hope our paths  cross again next year have a great  summer all the best

Gary and Pat. 

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed last week at the Delta.  Nice hotel and staff.  Food a bit overpriced especially dinner.  We unhooked and drove most nights.

Main things that I didn't like were getting north of the river through Shipshaw was painful on the back.  The "ice bridge" off of 393 seemed to be unsafe (according to Bill..lot's of slush) so each morning and evening you took a beating heading north.  Going south to the ravage was really a good day.

Also, can't believe they don't have a hot tub in a place this large.

Can anyone recommend a hotel north of the river with a restaurant, hot tub, sauna etc?  Not knocking the Delta, but, it would have been nice to have a drink after riding for less than 10-12 CAD in the Delta bar and to soak the aches away in a nice hot tub.  We strayed at Manoir du Lac William last year and was hoping to find something similar in LSJ area.  Would appreciate any help.

Chalet et Spa in Chambord  had nice facilities but food was marginal at best.

Thanks,

Fred

Hi Fred,

Looking at the back of the trail map, Chateau Roberval west end of Lac St Jean, Chalets & Spa in Chambord south side of the Lac and La Sagueneenne in Chicoutimi but this is on the south side of the River Saguenay.  I didn't see this on the map but I know Hotel du Jardin in St Felicien northwest corner of the Lac and above Roberval has a pool.  Chalets & Spa is the only one that I haven't heard about from anyone that has stayed there.  The other three establishments are snowmobile friendly.

Jack & Sandi

Yep, until Delta installs their own: "Atrium with indoor saltwater pool, a sauna, and a hot tub", south side near Delta, with a great pub as well: www.lasagueneenne.com/amenities.htm

X2 on the joints over by the lake!  "Chateau Roberval...Chalets & Spa in Chambord...Hotel du Jardin in St Felicien"

15 hours ago, revct1 said:

Hi Fred,

Looking at the back of the trail map, Chateau Roberval west end of Lac St Jean, Chalets & Spa in Chambord south side of the Lac and La Sagueneenne in Chicoutimi but this is on the south side of the River Saguenay.  I didn't see this on the map but I know Hotel du Jardin in St Felicien northwest corner of the Lac and above Roberval has a pool.  Chalets & Spa is the only one that I haven't heard about from anyone that has stayed there.  The other three establishments are snowmobile friendly.

Jack & Sandi

I’ve stayed at Chalets and spa, very nice, 90% female guests. A bit pricy but...

Hi Fred,

There is a third option for crossing the river to the north side and that is in Alma.  Trail 23 crosses the river on the auto bridge route 169.  An easy crossing because there is a barricade between the sleds and the cars.  From the south side it can get confusing because there are local trails that crisscross trail 23.  After taking the wrong trails a couple of times, I finally got to know the area.

On the north side, there is a new auto road being built.  It shouldn't interfere too much with the snowmobile trails by the looks of it.  One local trail was re-routed this year but I think 23 will stay pretty close to where it was.

Jack & Sandi

We figured out the crossing fairly quickly.  It was warm the week we were there.  We did cross in Alma also and that was definitely better.  I think the ice crossing would be easiest when conditions permit.  The FCMQ show grooming right up to the river from both directions.  We never actually checked it out after Bill told us it was dicey...

10 hours ago, Phil 1 said:

I’ve stayed at Chalets and spa, very nice, 90% female guests. A bit pricy but...

90% female guests? Is that a bad thing? We stayed there a few years ago, expensive and I think there where only 3-4 people there.

2 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

90% female guests? Is that a bad thing? We stayed there a few years ago, expensive and I think there where only 3-4 people there.

Unfortunately we got in late and it was a good thing. Looked like a golf tournament 4 somes of women at every table at dinner. Would be fun to spend two nights there, outdoor pools and spas with snow all over. 

We stayed there one night.   Decent rooms w/ small kitchens. Weird bar policy, had to pay for each drink right away, no running a tab.  Food was just OK for dinner.  Spa was real nice though ($20 CAD extra per day to use it though).  Ate lunch there a few days later, 2 choices burger or hot dog.  They also don't have a cooked breakfast unless there's a large group.  If not too many people just a "continental breakfast".  As far as I can tell the La Sagueneenee looks good to me for what our group wants.