First time to Sept Iles

Grampsledder

We’ve been riding Quebec for more than 15 years but never done Cote Nord.   Six of us are off in the morning on this new adventure.  Starting at the Richelieu-love this place.   Will post pictures.   

Russ and Pam

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Be prepared, you are heading to a very beautiful part of Quebec. Awesome riding, you will be glad you explored this new region. 

In total agreement.We  just finished touring that region. You're in for high times ! Guaranteed happy trail there..

Started at the Richelieu.   Lots of snow.   We hit stutter bumps from the warm weather most of the way to Les Escoumins.   When combined with the tight tight and twisty trails we were happy to have a short day.   We did go down the Pelchat Trail for a bit and it was great to have a wide open run.   Russ stepped off the trail to see how deep the snow was-not sure he reached the ground.   Lots of snow in the woods.   New territory tomorrow as we head to Baie Comeau.

Pam and Russ

4AC93DCF-DE30-40A4-8102-220EA093D4B2.jpeg

084CFFE1-CFFF-41C8-AABA-4EA444B17594.jpeg

Beautiful ride from Les Escoumins to Baie Comeau.   Trails were a 10.  Add blue skies and it was a great day.   Wide open riding to Forestville.   Soft snow but freshly groomed.  The trails had 2-3’ banks in places.   It was twisty after Forestville in and out of power lines for a while.  Still great snow.   It opened up just before Baie Comeau.   The big bridge reminded us of a roller coaster.    One of the machines was hesitating at speed so we spent an hour at the dealer.   Great dealer-they were going to work on it overnight and gave Arthur a ride home.   Such service!   Stayed at the Manoir last night.   Nice place.   Sept Iles tonight.   Looking forward to seeing these hills.   

CE8C979F-982E-4269-A3E0-9DB6F33E04EA.png

Awe, that is not stuck, I was in to the handle bars out in the woods in Sep-tile with sno horse last week, you are lucky, wish I took 2 weeks instead of 8 days, best riding in all of Quebec, my opinion after 34 years riding there, really amazing, happy trails!!

Trails were a 10 again today.   Some bumps in places but not enough to rate.  The hills started about 20 miles out of Baie Comeau.   There were a few roller coaster sections where you couldn’t see over the peak.   You had to pay attention here. Half of our group loved the hills.  The other half loved the wide open trails for the last 100 miles.   Some are headed up to see the white trail early before we return to Baie Comeau.  

53D7F463-32FD-4C3D-A192-6774941AF3E4.jpeg

B957E145-12D5-4A59-8127-CE687BF79183.jpeg

Hi Russ, we did this run a few years back it's a great one with minimal traffic. Try some of the local trails if you have a chance. Loop north of Forestville if I remember correctly was a favorite.

Appreciate the fireball in Matane last year, Trish now packs it every trip.

Enjoy,

Johnny and Trish

7 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Hi Russ, we did this run a few years back it's a great one with minimal traffic. Try some of the local trails if you have a chance. Loop north of Forestville if I remember correctly was a favorite.

Appreciate the fireball in Matane last year, Trish now packs it every trip.

Enjoy,

Johnny and Trish

Hi Johnny-We decided on this trip because Trish raved about it.  Having a great time.   The Fireball nips are a staple on the trips. Russ 

Great day yesterday.   Road up to the Mosie River to check out the white trail.  Next time we’ll head to Havre St Pierre.  Picked up the women at the hotel and headed for Baie Comeau.   Great riding, great snow.   Loved the twisty hills with the soft snow.  Gas station lunch again-two times in one trip, a record.  Storm coming in this afternoon.  Will set us up for a powder day Friday in Charlevoix.

7 hours ago, Grampsledder said:

Hi Johnny-We decided on this trip because Trish raved about it.  Having a great time.   The Fireball nips are a staple on the trips. Russ 

That's great, glad your enjoying the trip.

I'll tell Trish her well job worked.

We did a northern New Brunswick trip this season then on the back end went to Gaspie again. You should check out New Brunswick, very, very nice there.

Johnny B, you are right about Northern New Brunswick, have done it a couple of times, low traffic, mint trails, and incredible back country. We did Cote North last week, it was fantastic, 2 weeks next year, farther north and more exploring of local trails, really wonderful place to ride.

On 08/03/2018 at 5:54 AM, Grampsledder said:

Great day yesterday.   Road up to the Mosie River to check out the white trail.  Next time we’ll head to Havre St Pierre.  Picked up the women at the hotel and headed for Baie Comeau.   Great riding, great snow.   Loved the twisty hills with the soft snow.  Gas station lunch again-two times in one trip, a record.  Storm coming in this afternoon.  Will set us up for a powder day Friday in Charlevoix.

Hey Russ for a diversion try Sacre Coeur, 5 star I think is the translation. A small game farm/zoo right on the trail. If your doing the ferry into Chalevoix make sure to experience at least one night at the Le Manoir Richilieu in Malbaie. Your wife will thank you.

12 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Johnny B, you are right about Northern New Brunswick, have done it a couple of times, low traffic, mint trails, and incredible back country. We did Cote North last week, it was fantastic, 2 weeks next year, farther north and more exploring of local trails, really wonderful place to ride.

Good times Bob, I think the secret is out on Cote Nord. I really liked the low traffic, spent a few days in Gaspie last week...its a busy place all week.

Great day, great trails.   Timmy Hortons for lunch twice in one trip. Snow held off until 2:30 and by 3:30 it was a whiteout.    Powder day today.   The 850 Renegades will be breaking trail.   Destination Fairmont Richelieu via the 383/83.  

EF5C21E6-01E6-4F99-8570-471A801D25A6.jpeg

01A901D9-21C3-45F6-91DE-D20A6B2F3B4B.jpeg