First time to Sept Iles

Grampsledder

6 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

If your doing the ferry into Chalevoix make sure to experience at least one night at the Le Manoir Richilieu in Malbaie. Your wife will thank you.

Two nights at the Richelieu-first and last.  A favorite of ours.   

6 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Good times Bob, I think the secret is out on Cote Nord. I really liked the low traffic, spent a few days in Gaspie last week...its a busy place all week.

Maybe, but it is a long haul for most and since all I really need at days end is a bed and a meal, 5 stars not necessary here, i really like the back country appeal, so I want to discover more of this place where most will never go, maybe I will take my dual sport up in early September and do a little exploring north of Sept Ille and make some contacts, a little recon run!!

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, Grampsledder said:

Started at the Richelieu.   Lots of snow.   We hit stutter bumps from the warm weather most of the way to Les Escoumins.   When combined with the tight tight and twisty trails we were happy to have a short day.   We did go down the Pelchat Trail for a bit and it was great to have a wide open run.   Russ stepped off the trail to see how deep the snow was-not sure he reached the ground.   Lots of snow in the woods.   New territory tomorrow as we head to Baie Comeau.

Pam and Russ

4AC93DCF-DE30-40A4-8102-220EA093D4B2.jpeg

Russ, Holy Chit! I thought that was me in your picture. That me below.Scary ehh?

IMG_4192.JPG

Edited by Snobeeler

There is plenty of snow in this region if you’re thinking of a trip.   The new snow will reinforce the base.   The exception is near La Malbaie, the snow in some of the fields was thin, very wet, and brown.   It will go quick with a warmup.  We will start in Escoumins or Forestville next time and shoot for Havre St Pierre, and try some of the local trails.   Planning Abitibi for next year-always weather permitting.  

1D42590B-9175-4F89-B18E-43D305F097F5.jpeg

Think about the Groomer at night when the trail is icy 

a lot of respect to those individuals 

Edited by schooter