Northbound 2018

Northbound

Day 11 to Montmagny,  

Last night we took advantage of the shuttle that the Sheraton provides between the 4pts and Q city. Had dinner, walked around old town, wandered around the Frontenac and Dufferin Terrace, nice evening.

This morning we were on the trail at about the crack of 10. We didn't have far to go so I picked a route that was away from the river that showed alot of green on the map this morning. We left the hotel got gas and headed to the collibri to get the not free transport across the river to Bernieres where we ate lunch at Tims.

Now we're off on the 75 south to an orange to the 545 to an orange, ok no, local closed, rivers open, so down.the 545 to the 35. That crossing is starting to look a little sketchy.  We cross and head down the poog to the 551 and then back down the 5 in montmag. Most everything was groomed today. Around QC trails were mushed by quads, snow thinned south, poog was very good the 551 was beautiful. All still very rideable, just not destination material. Saw a lot of local sleds out, but no other saddlebaggers.

Jeff and Sandy 

20180303_182619.jpg

20180303_183036.jpg

20180303_193257.jpg

20180304_120637.jpg

20180304_131746.jpg

20180304_140704.jpg

20180304_151216.jpg

20180304_152459.jpg

Yes, it wasn't bad at all. The 5 coming in was rough, so tommorrow we might be jumping back to the 35. 

Why aren't you up? You can't use work as an excuse. If you don't want to ride, you can go fill.in for me and I'll stay till the mud fills my skidframe. Haha

Jeff

52 minutes ago, mikerider said:

I am now in RDL, they gave me the presidential suite for tonight and tomorrow I change to a regular room. Suite is pretty grande!  You folds have covered some serious miles.

mike

Glad you're back in the game Mike! Molly and I arrived at Berniers late this afternoon, looks like we missed Jeff and Sandy by a few hours. Taking the shuttle to colibri in the morning, then up to Les Escoumins at the Pelchat tomorrow night. Tuesday we will be on the trail early attempting to catch the ferry in Godbout before departure at 5pm! If that happens we'll spend the night in Matane, then head in your direction for wine and filet with you Wednesday night if your still in your office? Hope to see you!      Terry

Day 12, back to RDL,  Leaving 4pts we knew we could ride straight to RDL in one day and then drive for 2 days....or stretch our ride to 1 1/2 days and then drive 1 1/2 days. Glad we stretched our ride, today was nice.

The 5 was showing green and the 35 was mostly grey, so we went 5-561-local. Hadn't ridden that section of the 5 in years, remember it usually rough, not today.  Saw a total of 6 sleds. Trail was a nicer mix than the 35 if not as fast.

Well, thats it. We rode 1930 miles. We got back to the truck and drove 400 miles tonight to Brockville ont. 600 miles to home tomorrow. We set no records, we have no drama to report. We did although ride every day and enjoyed every day. 

Highlights this season were visiting with Bill and JD;  dropping our saddlebags for a few days and riding with Bill for the FIRST time. We saw the ice cave, Bill is such a great tour guide. Riding with Daniel and Colette. Riding with Dave. Dinner with Steven.and Kelly. Dinner with Ray and Ginger. And of course Dinner with JG, the one and only groomer. Looking at your pics throughout the year, always makes the day better.

Gary and Pat, sorry we missed you, hopefully next year. Jack and Sandy, I can't believe we never saw you guys either. I always enjoy your posts and can't wait to saw your new paws, Jack.

I hope someone enjoyed our story. And for those still riding, we hope for everyone to finish their season safely.

Jeff and Sandy 

20180305_080652.jpg

20180305_081346.jpg

20180305_083727.jpg

20180305_090506.jpg

20180305_092904.jpg

20180305_125458.jpg

On 3/5/2018 at 11:30 PM, Northbound said:

I hope someone enjoyed our story.

Yes, definitely!  Thanks for sharing!  And for instilling respect (envy) in all of us who's better halves don't/won't ride!  Happy trails,

Playhard, 

I know I'm lucky Sandy has kept following me around for so many years.

And I've got the winter warrior on my Montana on my sled.  Although I think it sort of looks like a crab.

999 truck miles still seemed far, going home from the last trip of the season is never the best trip.

Jeff