Saint Donat Area

Signfan

What are the trails like in this area?  Is it worth the added time to ride south into the area for a night?  Planning a three day trip from Mont Laurier circling by le Cabanon at St Zenon and then north on 33 back to Mont Laurier.  Prefer logging road trails and am looking to avoid tight bush trails if I can.  Just wondering if this area is worth the detour and how bad the traffic would be on a Friday around the town.  I’m sure when the trail in the park was open it would have been well worth the detour.  Deciding between this detour or making our last day a day to take in Devils Mountain back near Mont Laurier.  Thanks for any insight.

Edited by Signfan

Saint Donat is a nice area. There are some tight areas near town including XC ski trail crossings but outside of town the trails are nice and well groomed usually. Towing made a report recently that includes this area. I was there the same time and trails were in great shape. Plenty of snow cover. There is a new place to stay called Le Grand R. Nice lodging and good chef. Also A Culière a Pot. Thé Spa (Chalet Suisse) place is real nice but only rooms with one bed I think. They sell passes to use the hot tub and pool to non hotel guests too. 

If you get near St D and time allows take the trail to Mt Noire and bring bread to feed the jaybirds.