Moose killed

iceman

Run to death by sleds. Baie St Paul area. What is wrong with people? To chase this moose till it dropped from exhaustion. Great way to represent the sport of sledding. Bravo Champion. 

82104C5E-C8B8-458D-A271-1CB6598A3412.thumb.jpeg.b678bc60d461be43181c26bc61b3f229.jpeg

17 minutes ago, groomer said:

hi iceman !!!

not much between the 2 ears for those guys who ''pushed '' that moose to death!!!

jean-guy

Hi JG,

so very true. Makes me very angry. If i ever see that happening, gonna be problems, for that person. Won’t be the moose laying on side of the trail, this i can promise you..

We don't need the help of the granola's to kill our sport.  We can do it all by ourselves .... by the way, we noticed last weekend that the trail from Mékoos to Ste-Anne-du-Lac had changed considerably.  I heard from one source that the club had to .... too many off-trail riders pissing off farmers who then rescinded the right-of-ways.  Once again, we have met the enemy and he is us ....

17 minutes ago, iceman said:

Hi JG,

so very true. Makes me very angry. If i ever see that happening, gonna be problems, for that person. Won’t be the moose laying on side of the trail, this i can promise you..

I'm with ya Ice.  Infuriates me!!!!

7 hours ago, iceman said:

Hi JG,

same for me ...very angry ...heard bad stories in the past years about that ...

jean-guy

I am not sure what my reaction would be if I was witness to this BS, but I do know it would be their very last deed, no way they ride away from this, can't find the words to say how truly disgusting this is, hope they are found and hung!!

J G did you hear  anything about the baby moose hit by a sledder on the  595 above La Cache?  Mother blocked the trail 3-4 weeks ago.  I saw the carcass on the side of the trail, where  the stream is full of tracks beside the trail. Guess the wolfs got it.  

15 minutes ago, momojohnny said:

J G did you hear  anything about the baby moose hit by a sledder on the  595 above La Cache?  Mother blocked the trail 3-4 weeks ago.  I saw the carcass on the side of the trail, where  the stream is full of tracks beside the trail. Guess the wolfs got it.  

hi momo ...

no ...but yesterday i saw a video taken near by la cache of a mom by a  sledder ...i just can t remember where i saw it ...if i find it i ll post 

yes quebec bob ....you never know which directions  they are going to take..

jean-guy

4 hours ago, momojohnny said:

Saw that too. No wolves yet. Pretty sure it took its last breath as i got there.

3C42C33A-1FDB-42BD-8D68-80DFF8D38B1D.thumb.jpeg.eff984b83cacbf0451511fd78d9b5e97.jpegFE212AB3-121D-467A-8D78-6FC67A9BF9F9.thumb.jpeg.964681a9e621a5f1f501abaab29a4e4e.jpeg

The mother would not move away from her young and blocked the trail.  Somebody on a skidoo expedition made a way around the mother thru the  woods, so folks could pass.  Somebody at the Quality in Matane had a vid on his phone of the 2 animals. Some friends from 1000 islands  Trenton Ont , got charged by a Moose in the same spot (a week before this death). Moose smashed the hood of a new 18 850, and his hoof nicked my friends helmet. Then  (lucky)  left   +  moved off the trail. Very common in northern Maine to see moose on the trail at night. They love the hard pack trail for easy going instead of chest deep snow. And dont like to move off it, easy for them to feed. Piss Em. off they will charge.

We are guests in their domain, never forget that!, Moose are very unpredictable, widely considered more dangerous than bears in Alaska. Pedestrians have the right of way, animals have the right of way on the trail. Do not get close to moose on the trail, let them have their space and all the time they need or want, IT REALLY BREAKS MY HEART TO SEE THESE ANIMALS DIE AT THE HANDS OF ANYONE WHO DOES NOT RESPECT THE INCREDIBLE NATURAL BEAUTY AND SURROUNDINGS, THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE PECKING ORDER WHERE WE INVADE THEIR SPACE AND RUN THEM WITH SNOWMOBILES, A TOTAL DISGRACE!!

Believe it or not, a lot of folks who have never seen a moose in person do not know that they will run till death if followed by a sled. Hopefully this thread will educate a few. I am sure though that most if not all on this forum already know this.

10 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

"just a little patience"

hi playhard !!!

yes...absolutely right ..

i tried to find the pics ...but no luck ..

3-4-5 years ago on tq 5 ......followed a moose.....very slowly ...he was walking and stopping often to eat branches on the side of the trail ...

i guess i spent close to 1.5 hrs with the moose....lost sight of him going down long hill before st fidele cb !!!

jean-guy