GT 2018

GT Rider

On 3/7/2018 at 4:54 AM, GT Rider said:

must have touched the snow it started playing music on my iPhone. I was laughing Gemma not so much.

Classic!  Glad no serious pain other than in the ear!

I can live just fine never making it to Blac Sablon & beyond, but I NEEDS to chow down @ Havre!

We turned & burned at Sept Iles due to heavy weather on my last attempt a while ago, but Chez Julie is definitely "on the list".

On 3/9/2018 at 8:56 PM, Js12ren said:

Thanks for sharing Jim & Gemma. Jami and I are hoping to get back to Gaspe next season. We are going to the Doo show Monday to check out the new Doo Jami is going to order for next season. How did you like your new communicators?

Hi Joe,

The sena 20S are ok. Gemma is on the machine with me so I can't comment on the range. JohnnyB said he wasn't impressed. The mic for my unit died in about a day and a half. They give you three different styles for helmet options. I managed to cram the wrong style in and got threw the trip ok. I have been trying to update the firmware. It worked on one unit not the other. I will be calling Monday. At this time I'm hesitant to give an endorsement.

The Doo show sounds nice.

8 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Classic!  Glad no serious pain other than in the ear!

I can live just fine never making it to Blac Sablon & beyond, but I NEEDS to chow down @ Havre!

We turned & burned at Sept Iles due to heavy weather on my last attempt a while ago, but Chez Julie is definitely "on the list".

We did a recon trip and dined at Chez Julie in the summer of 09. I was looking sooo forward to getting back.

In 2015 we came up 25 miles short and had to settle for warmed up burgers at the gas stop. Oh well.

Longue-Pointe-de-Mingan

IMG_1337_zpso4ijabhs.jpg

Summer / Winter just west of HSP.

The TQ3 sign and wood sticks can be seen in the summer.

Quebec%207%2009%20641_zps1odafd1l.jpg

Quebec%207%2009%20642_zpsbe7eirxx.jpg

Quebec%207%2009%20644_zpspg44jsrb.jpg

IMG_2466_zpsy1ty36dh.jpg

IMG_2467_zps5vdj4bvn.jpg

In 2015 we approached a street crossing and there was no trail on the other side.

IMG_1331_zpsknvgrafq.jpg

No problem this year.

IMG_1353_zpsoimialdc.jpg

We followed some of the local's tracks to by pass that section. When we found TQ3 it was not groomed. Lots of powder. Not good for two upping. Thank you Warn.

IMG_1333_zpsdbfuwydw.jpg

This year perfect.

IMG_2477_zpsvajtqcfu.jpg

Edited by GT Rider

GT rider has the best pictures for sure. Home now and back to being a keyboard racer!!!!!

Hey GT rider.we had great trails today hope you had the same

Made it to the White road . Went down about a mile and there was so many feeder trails couldn't tell where to go but just wanted to say we really went to the end of the world!

bonjour jim and gemma !!!

while looking for pics yesterday found that one....

your pic of the log cabin reminds me my old camp ....

dad built it back in the early 60's !!!

old 35 mm pic....taken in 88-89 -90 maybe !!!

jean-guy

18 11 11 004.jpg

On 3/10/2018 at 10:56 PM, GT Rider said:

Summer / Winter just west of HSP.

The TQ3 sign and wood sticks can be seen in the summer.

Quebec%207%2009%20641_zps1odafd1l.jpg

Quebec%207%2009%20642_zpsbe7eirxx.jpg

Quebec%207%2009%20644_zpspg44jsrb.jpg

IMG_2466_zpsy1ty36dh.jpg

IMG_2467_zps5vdj4bvn.jpg

In 2015 we approached a street crossing and there was no trail on the other side.

IMG_1331_zpsknvgrafq.jpg

No problem this year.

IMG_1353_zpsoimialdc.jpg

We followed some of the local's tracks to by pass that section. When we found TQ3 it was not groomed. Lots of powder. Not good for two upping. Thank you Warn.

IMG_1333_zpsdbfuwydw.jpg

This year perfect.

IMG_2477_zpsvajtqcfu.jpg

Some of those summer pics of the poles and trail 3 marker look just like Alaska, I am thinking about a recon trip there this summer as I have more business to complete there, aka...2 weeks of adventure next season, great meeting you at La Cashe when I was looking for a quart of 4 stroke oil for Jared!!

Great meeting you guys. Also at New Richmond.

Its nice in the summer. Lots to see. Chez Julie is waiting.

I marked all the gas stations and hotels on my garmin. It looks like a few are no longer in business.

We went to the end of the road.

Quebec709557.jpg

Quebec709627.jpg

Quebec709628.jpg

Quebec709610a.jpg

We went to Manic 5

Quebec709414.jpg

2 hours ago, GT Rider said:

Hi JG,

Just a little bit of snow on that roof.

Dad did a great job engineering for the extra weight.

Thanks.

Best Jim & Gemma

yaa...that just a little bit...

i remember going to camp with 2 brothers to shovel the roof ......back in 77 !!!

i was standing at the lowest part of the roof and i had roughly 2' of snow over my head !!!

jean-guy