Abitibi temiskaming

Philly2ray4

Why are all of the trails maintained by th e val d’or club in terrible condition , val d’or used k be known as a great spot where anyone could go and enjoy premium trails well taken care of. Over the last three or four years they’ve progressively. Gotten worse with no maintenance and very little grooming. Has anyone else thought the same thing or is it just me? 

We just came back from Lac Faillon today and went up from Le Domaine. Trails from there to the reserve were awful  When we pulled into the Domaine this aft there was someone practicing the use of the groomer. Apparently as the story goes the previous operator of 10 years had a disagreement and quit and they haven't been able to fill the spot. We spoke to another rider at the gas pumps at the reserve and he's from Val'D'or and said they've also had some issues with getting operators.

I can tell you the usual nice ride up through was bad. It got better just after the gas at the reserve and was great up to Lac Faillon

Also I didn't' realize they made the trail change where you need to ride to the Laverendre Lodge now. This adds about 30+ miles and much is tight & twisty. If you don't need gas I suggest taking the old route which is literally just 5 miles of some rough on the old road.

Mike

Yeah that’s the thing about snowmobile clubs.  Only as strong as their volunteer base.   I’ve seen it many times.  The clubs that are the absolute strongest become the worst when a core group decides they’ve given all they can and pack it in.  All of a sudden everyone else sees that it’s not as easy as it looks when viewing from a far.

It was also bad on Saturday March 10th coming up from Swisha on the 386 to Pavilion La Verendrye lodge. It was last groomed on Wednesday but prior to that not groomed for two weeks. A breakdown on the groomer was to blame. Also the traffic on that trail was busy as its a close starting point to Ottawa etc.