When will people learn??

Cnc

We will lose 2 right of ways this week that will force the closure  of the TQ 43. Why?, because some idiots either can’t read or think “ stay on the trail” “fragile right away”  does not apply to them. We lose enough trails due to reasons beyond our control, we don’t need to lose trails due to the actions of a few irresponsible snowmobilers. I am sure that most guys on here do  not fall into that catagory but we need to spread the word. 

8E40D188-54D9-45B6-ABA4-974B6324E3E0.png

Edited by Cnc

...and this area (Mt Tremblant, St Agathe , St Donat) has been hurting with all the prior closures , they have been working hard to reroute and try to reconnect those trails so the economy can pick up once again! I was there a few weeks back and there was talks of possibly connecting the 317 in 2019 and also north of St Donat to 63 thru the park once again, the 43 in this area is already disconnected so this is another blow to the area, if you cant ride thru an area the long trippers and saddlebaggers are not going to come to the area!    

I was personal friends with Bob Bolton in St Donat for many years going back to the late 80's, he owned a hotel and condos, hid daughter and son in law ran Manor De Lauren tides also on Lake Archambault. He served in FMCQ as well as president of the local club in St Donat. That whole area and South and West to the old rail bed has had a large vocal chorus of residents who have been working against snowmobiles for years. They have successfully closed the park, the rail bed, the bridge in Notre Dame and basically cut that area off from everything. Had a long conversation recently with a group traveling Gaspe to Cote Nord then south to St Michelle. They live in St Donat and say the fight is almost unwinnable, every time they see a little day light or a shimmer of hope, the door gets shut on them. Financially the naysayers have about destroyed the economy over there. Very clear about local trails close to town are the life blood of the trail system, but a lot more going on in this area than meets the eye, under the guise of environmental protection there has been a long effort there to cut the sledder off at the knees.First sleds were to loud, so we addressed that, then they polluted too much and we addressed that, no one ever dreamed that could be done with 2 stroke, so nothing is left, the sleds are remarkable..so only thing left now is to take the trail. We all know that 99.9 % are good and that .1 tenth is mostly a big excuse, just get some environmentalists in charge politically and they push hard, get the majority of a town like that, close 1 trail thru the park and you just screwed the whole area, that is their game.

Kind of hard to Police these asshats. But when they are caught the punishment is what? A stern talking to? There needs to be serious consequences for this kind of behavior, but instead unfortunately it’s the rest of us who follow the rules who end up being punished for their acts. Leave the marked trail....I say take their driver liscenses for 1 year, first offense. If they are from outside Quebec, then loss of trail permit eligibility for 2 seasons. Send a message loud and clear. Furthermore others need to confront these riders when and if they are seen doing it. Real simple here’s what i would do....i would stop and talk nicely, take note of plate numbers and sticker numbers(few quick pictures) then have another member of my group distract them maybe lure them a bit away from their sleds and then I grab their keys and ride off. They will most likely be there when the Police get there. If they got spare keys then they can come try and burn me down. I’ll take them right where they need to go. We can explain it together to the Police. I’m a lover not a fighter, but sometimes lovers gotta fight. Bring it.

Edited by iceman

9 minutes ago, iceman said:

Not enough.

Your right of course but at least it is something. I doubt though that anyone has ever been caught and the fine applied. 

The land owner will now allow the club to finish up the season, but a by pass solution will need to be found for next year. I hope these deux watts are proud of them selves.