PLAYHARD Ender - Mauricie/LSJ

PLAYHARD

OK, blah blah, no drama, season goes fast, but '18's been a great one. 

Day One, Thurs 3/15) Kept with a no-trailering trend this year and rode right out of the garage at Moto Thibault in Trois Rivières. 

Plan was to drive north early enough and get in an afternoon ride to position at the Roq for an early Friday run up to the lake. 

After sloshing thru the puddles around the industrial park it was groomed all the way door to door. 

Except the .3mi of lumpy bunny trail coming off the water behind Au Chalet en Bois Rond cuz the groomers can't get in there. 

No complaints! Need to stretch our legs once in a while right?

"Spring forward" and got to St Raymond, gassed up, checked in, and hosed off all all before sundown.

Live tunes, excellent chow, & friendly service in the brewery. Truck parking is packed, sled corral is not. 

IMG_20180315_183308.thumb.jpg.8596c4ba168e4d75fbbd3a180835da7b.jpg

IMG_20180315_183634.thumb.jpg.b262edc9a906fceeee3db3c61e5d01ba.jpg

Edited by PLAYHARD

Day 2, Fri 3/16) Morning plan executed, 6-7-8, up the 23 just about first tracks.

This trail's a fav of mine, since the first Quebec almost 20 years ago, at night, in heavy snow, with zero experience in riding & gear etc etc. 

Today's lesson confirmed: There's more to picking trails than just iMoto! The 90'ish miles from St Ray to L'Etape showed no recent grooming.

Because it didn't need it! It was amazing. Flat concrete in the beginning, dropped one scratcher, so no problem.

Then 1"-2" of cream cheese, then 2"-3" up to the pull off for the truck stop.

The 5 miles to & from the gas was pure merde. Decent time @ 11:00am. Went in for sugar & caffeine & a break. 

Back to the 23 north and uh oh, lumped up bad. iMoto said groomed last night? Maybe shouldn't have hung at the truck stop so long?

After the trail got bigger/faster it went back to mint. Then bits of lumps where we leapfrogged different groups. It pays to stay out front!

Apica had some action, keep moving. LSJ clubhouse/warming hut was pretty packed. I love seeing old salts out on the trails! Makes me think I've got a future!

Keep moving. Now Mike's out front with the '18 and the GPS and he's got wings.

Topped the gas in Hebertville and into Chalet & Spa Lac Saint Jean in Chambord. Just 200 mi, plus 10-15 of track spin. 

Aside from some smallish drifts in some open spaces the trails were perfect in this area. 

Plan was to get here before the outdoor pools & saunas close and still catch dinner, but OOPS it's 3:00pm and the spa doesn't open until 4:30!? 

Back into reception and Natasha reads our minds (or facial expressions)... BEER!

I don't really know beer, so let's have some local LSJ Oatmeal Noir, had me tripping (not the footsteps kind). 

1 hour ago, Blueblood said:

Playhard you don't mess around how many miles have you done this year on sled?  I'm at 1700 in Quebec and 800 in New York.

That’s why He’s..... PLAYHARD.    Nuff said.

55 minutes ago, doo4adoo said:

Where is this?

cant find it on the map and I usually go towards the delta but this looks like a nice option 

thanks

Near Chambord on orange local that cuts over corner of Lac to Roberval

http://chaletsetspa.com/

29950B2F-EACF-482F-AB2E-D974DE6E7073.thumb.jpeg.1f6e87e549230d21eb9630d2f58c3a4e.jpeg

Crud Wi-Fi at Mont Valain La Marche last night and at Club Odanak La Tuque tonight, however the ride and stops were anything but. 

The trails over LSJ are going to be great for weeks. Go get you some! New 93 & 373. Long runs of everything you'd want. Rippers, winders, rollers, twisters...

57 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

Crud Wi-Fi at Mont Valain 

the new orange into St Ray

Ditto on  the crap WiFi   ,   Crazy it's 2018 folks

We did this back a month or so ago  , SR1 I think it's signed ,very nice trail with lots of turns ! .   It comes out  at the Saint Raymond club house .

2 minutes ago, dooright said:

We did this back a month or so ago  , SR1 I think it's signed ,very nice trail with lots of turns ! .   It comes out  at the Saint Raymond club house .

Nice trail, it’s not a new trail it’s been there a long time. Orange trails are some of the best. No doubt.