Trail report

Cnc

What else can I say, the pic says it all. Mid winter conditions around here and all the trails were 10/10 for coverage and 8’s, 9’s and 10’s for smoothness. 

9337D859-4C1C-4AD9-BCBA-90480BCED579.jpeg

That looks so good we are heading back to ride next Thursday to Sunday.

Havent booked lodging yet but thinking we will head for Mont Laurier then head north.

Thinking the hotels in town parking lots and streets might be getting bare by then. Debating if should be making the extra hour drive north and start from Rabaska or Mekoos. Any thoughts. Hard to know exact conditions from 6 hours away.

Thanks Steve

A lot of parking lots, paved roads and gas stations are down to bare pavement, but it is Mid March and the sun is strong. Temperatures look good all through to next weekend, cold nights and below freezing day time temps except for  a couple of days around the freezing mark. 

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, Fuse6 said:

That looks so good we are heading back to ride next Thursday to Sunday.

Havent booked lodging yet but thinking we will head for Mont Laurier then head north.

Thinking the hotels in town parking lots and streets might be getting bare by then. Debating if should be making the extra hour drive north and start from Rabaska or Mekoos. Any thoughts. Hard to know exact conditions from 6 hours away.

Thanks Steve

Spoke with my buddy and he got up Saturday and trailered from Mt Laurier to St Ann. Word was trails not that great between. This is where we usually ride from but since he was only going to Clova was hoping to extend his ride. He left things to Thursday before he called to book and all the northern places were booked. I suggest at least for Saturday booking in some where.

Wish I could join you but have to work part of Friday

Mike

Trails were still perfect yesterday. We rode from my place in Weir to Duhamel via Lac des Plages, from there up to the 53 then onto the 63 near Val Barrette. Headed south down the Pitit Train du Nord (325) to Labelle. Then the 323 back. 340km. It was cold overnight and the trails had seen little traffic since grooming so they were smooth and fast. By noon they were getting a bit soft but no problem. Through Labelle snow was sparse but better than we were expecting dirty snow and puddles in the town. By mid afternoon you could see that with the sun trails in open areas like along the power lines were going to start showing bare spots. We encountered maybe 10 machines max all day.  Cold again last night, so I think the  trails we rode should  hold up good through the weekend.

On 2018-03-23 at 5:21 PM, doo4adoo said:

Glad to hear. Leaving from Mt Pellier in the am for a run up to to Mt Laurier for lunch and back

i fear it might be my last run 😥

How was the ride? Planning on doing this ride this coming Friday.

If your looking to ride out of the Ottawa area I suggest Swisha to Val Dor trails up in Val Dor, Amos and La Sarre are all 10/10 and wide as the 401 in a lot of places very fast riding in three days we did more than 800 miles with lots of breaks.

4 hours ago, Fozzy said:

How was the ride? Planning on doing this ride this coming Friday.

Ask TrailBlazer and Grumpy Santa, they were up about around Duhamel on the weekend.

We rode out of Rabaska Lodge Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. Did 1,080 km of near perfect trails. Beautiful weather made for 3 epic days of riding. Had one of my Sons and 2 other friends that had never ridden Quebec before. They will be back. 

Majority of the miles were couple different loops N of St Anne Du Lacs. Sight seeing loop to Devils Mountain and Chute Du Windigo.

Rode through Ferme Neuve Thursday afternoon when it was + 5C. Enough slush we sneaked through but sure by Friday all the roads were bare through town. Avoided it the next couple days. 

Really like to thank the clubs and groomers that look after this vast area. Job well done.  

Ride was great. Took the 53? up and was smooth and fast in Mt Laurier I 2 hours. Took the 63 back to the 319, 323 and 43. Good and was apparently groomed Saturday night as well. However as nice as it was with the weather this week I wouldn't count on it as being as good and frankly expect for this section to close after,

if you need another for Cote Nord next season, PM me. I'm looking at going. This an last season my buddy had things come up at the last minute and unlike Trailblazer I don't want to ride it alone.

Mike