Pirate ride.

Phil 1

Statrted in Maniwaki they had new snow trails were loose but nice coverage. Left at 2 pulled in to Mekoos before dark, relaxed morning up to Parent great trails lots of snow grooming up to par. 83 to Relais 22 was fast hard and fun, tonight at Relais 22. I would say mid winter conditions.  

This morning at Relais 22 it was -18*F never expected this kind of cold in March. Ran 83 est trail could use a pass with the dozer not real bad but. Scranton saw a big hill climb to the left, to our amazement he went for it doing his best Bobby Backpack it didn’t end well. After Dan went up to help him we continued to the first orange left toward LaDore it apparently does not get groomed not bumpy but a 1 track affair ran it till it dumped us on a road after a while and some road riding all snow/ice covered and deliberations the trail reappeared. Ended up on 93 couple miles quest of LaDore ran into LaDore for gas then back Nord on 93 it had just been groomed heavenly. Stopped at logging camp for fuel then hit it hammer time what a nice trail. Last 20 miles lost sun and it began to snow it felt a lot colder than the thermometer read. Sleds parked in the garage to rest as we are, tomorrow  onto Matagami. If there is any question there shouldn’t be get up here it is just fine!!!

BJ is saying pix will not upload I am going to give it a try.

3 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Looks like BJ took lessons from ya. You taught him well!

Jim I had enough to make it but the last 5 feet was beyond vertical and I got cold feet that I could flip over backwards.

so much snow no damage....the young kid helped me get it out after I thought I was having a myocardial infarction.

trails are awesome and bluebird days except for the last hr today