Pirate ride.

Phil 1

7 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Give you credit riding with one eye. My buddy had to give up riding when he lost an eye. Was fine when sunny. But flat lighting and dusk was too much for him.

Sitting around this A M waiting for a bit before we hit the rail bed. Agreed Jim soon as dusk or flat light happens the depth perception is gone and riding is pretty difficult. This is just a temporary situation. 

BJ has been having issues with ice building up on stud backers and eating rear idlers, this morning he was at the dealer at 8, they took him right in changed idlers and hyfax, out in a hour. Kudos to the dealer in Chibougamau for their great and friendly service. Stayed at the Nordic rooms have been redone quite nice and reasonable. We were in no real hurry anyway sort of a rest day, left around 9:30 did not stop in Chapis for fuel. 93 was flat and fast we would alternate between hammer down and mild speed as it was pretty cold again. Fuel began getting low BJ and Dan stopped to dump some in, Greg and I wanted to see if we could make it to LSQ we put the diesels in eco and held them to the bar 40 mph, pulled into gas with 165 miles on the speedo. Greg took 37.6 liters and i took 39. Last couple miles mine was stumbling on  the up hill sections, not necessary but fun to push mileage. 4 days left to ride we are in no hurry to get south of the fence it will be our last QC trip this year. 

On 3/19/2018 at 6:19 PM, Phil 1 said:

BJ has been having issues with ice building up on stud backers and eating rear idlers, this morning he was at the dealer at 8, they took him right in changed idlers and hyfax, out in a hour. Kudos to the dealer in Chibougamau for their great and friendly service. Stayed at the Nordic rooms have been redone quite nice and reasonable. We were in no real hurry anyway sort of a rest day, left around 9:30 did not stop in Chapis for fuel. 93 was flat and fast we would alternate between hammer down and mild speed as it was pretty cold again. Fuel began getting low BJ and Dan stopped to dump some in, Greg and I wanted to see if we could make it to LSQ we put the diesels in eco and held them to the bar 40 mph, pulled into gas with 165 miles on the speedo. Greg took 37.6 liters and i took 39. Last couple miles mine was stumbling on  the up hill sections, not necessary but fun to push mileage. 4 days left to ride we are in no hurry to get south of the fence it will be our last QC trip this year. 

For the official record

The back up sled 600 etec took 35 liters 

the 850 took 36.5

the diesels made it to the gas station but took the most

37.6 and 39

Another slow morning, hit 93 stud groomed and nice and fast, not 43 MPH 🤪, to 83 also nice went to Val Dor for fuel and lunch. Hit 309 as none of us had ever ridden it, more turns than any other trail over here on the west side. Could use a groom, we stopped at Rapid 7 they were closed, BJ said that trail would be perfect if it were groomed well we got off the dam and viola the trail was perfect just groomed. Ran it to 63 that was also just groomed making first tracks a lot of the way. Got to 303 sud to Villa Marie for the night.

Just now, Jackstraw said:

ARRRR! LOL! Looks good fellas

Who's the 4th, I thought it was just the 3 of you. No first week of April Gaspe run?

In Villa Marie right now, Greg gave his buddy Dan his spare sled, Dan blew his polaris last week, so we became 4. Let’s talk about Gaspesie.

On 3/20/2018 at 9:06 PM, Phil 1 said:

In Villa Marie right now, Greg gave his buddy Dan his spare sled, Dan blew his polaris last week, so we became 4. Let’s talk about Gaspesie.

Looks like we will be in RDL Friday night. Easter is early this year. Stay up for another week, due beleive we will be hooking up with Eddieskidoo at some point this run

On 3/18/2018 at 7:13 PM, Scranton1 said:

May have exceeded my level of off trail expertise......

IMG_0045.JPG

I think I seen the evidence when we came back from Chiboogie! I remember thinking to myself that someone had a good work out getting out of there! Pretty sure we passed you guys about 20 miles east of the saw mill!

Back home. All blue sky days, had a great run it’s still there for the taking. Normal spring riding. Recap below a bit over the 43 MPH threshold at times. 😏

Probably our last ride, now time to decide what to ride next year, had some interesting conversations over cocktails about that very subject.

4277CF25-6785-4486-BC57-B36B4F239D6B.jpeg

Edited by Phil 1