Last ride for the season.

Shore1066

The season is over for my boys and me. David flew in from North Carolina on Thursday to Watertown and nephew Mike and I picked him up at the airport with the trailer loaded and truck fueled up. First question was are we going back to home before we leave. Answer was nope don't have time.  We have reservations at the Drakkar.  Best part is my other boy Christopher  and his group of three were meeting us there a little later. 

Friday morning comes and off we go. Big group of seven but all have riden in Quebec and are all good riders. We leave the hotel and head for Roberville. Rt. 3 to a local trail to the river. Good place to get the boys to get the kinks out. Up 360 to 355 and on to La Tugue for lunch. Next we have to decide do go 355 or 73 to 83. Farther 73 to 83 so it's 355. Problem is more places to stop on 355. Same amount of time to get there I believed.  Long day but we made it. 

Next David, Mike and I decide we are heading north because we can stay an extra day. The other group headed south to Quebec city . It was great to spend time with all of the boys especially my boys as they live so far apart. 

Saturday David, Mike and I head for chibougamua.  Bad spelling. Trails were good but mostly great. Hard fast and smooth. 198 miles and we were at the Nortic hotel. Great day with the boys who take very good care of the old man. 

Sunday up and heading back south going to Relay 22 and maybe farther. Now the temperature is 13 below as in our scale. Had to stop and put on an other shirt and a hoody under the Helmet. Fingers got cold and never thought they would get warm. Not a lot of sleds were out there with us. I think below the sawmill we did meet Phil and his group but I'm sure they wanted to get where they were going like us. At La Dore got gas and headed for Relay 22. Local trail little rough to 83 but that's part of the adventure.  Got to Relay 22 and had to make the decision to stay or go. I had one beer and decided this was the place for me. The boys did agree and we were in bed by 9. 

Up early this morning and off to the truck. Trails were hard and smooth and a nice ride back. 175 miles and at the truck at about 3. Total of about 900 miles for 4 days. Hit the road and home at 8 30 tonite. 

All and all we road 2300 miles, mostly in Quebec with no big issues and no one got hurt.

I am very lucky to have 3 very great people I get to ride with as in David, Mike and Jimmy who take care of me and make sure I have a great time. They are all 25 years younger of me. 

So everyone have a good summer and hopefully we all get to tell of our adventures again next year. Be safe everyone.