Cote Nord Planning For Next Season

Fuse6

Cote Nord has my interest to explore a new area of Quebec for next season.

What's the common staging hotel for the 3 days out and 3 days back that often hear about. Looking for the groomed trail adventure not the off trail adventure some of you do that is very interesting to follow.

Did the Gaspe last year, how much of the Cote Nord is as scenic as the N shore of the Gaspe?

Just got home last night from 3 days riding N of Mont Laurier. Between the perfect weather and perfect trails can't put sledding to rest, need to get planning next year.

Thanks Steve

I ran some numbers. Here is what I came up with.

Sacre-Coeur to Baie-Comeau 191 miles.

CN%20East%2001_zpstukpzsec.jpg

Baie-Comeau to Sept-Iles 205 miles (with nice orange trail).

CN%20East%2002_zpsuurro94e.jpg

Sept-Iles to Havre St. Pierre 160 Miles. If you go to Baie Johan Beetz and back to Havre St. Pierre it would be a 248 mile day.

Conditions will dictate when you pass the Moisie.

I tried to make HSP from Port Cartier and came up short 2015. Lots of powder and lack of grooming.

From Sept-Iles I made it no problem. The trail was groomed well this year.

CN%20East%2003_zpspwr12vcj.jpg

I too am already thinking about next season, probably drive the truck right to ferry in Matane and spend 7 or 8 days riding over there do a little exploring, etc, really like the low traffic and do some GPS local trail adventure, should be fun!! Yes on the scenery and trails, you will enjoy it as much as Gaspe.

Is it not best to plan a ride later in February due to the weather in this area. Just my question not my opinion. I've never rode there but I will someday for sure. Seems like a lot of powder early in the year. Again only from what I read. Love reading the adventures of others. Well except getting stuck in 4 or 5 feet of snow. Is a wide track sled or deep lug track needed or would a inch and quarter or inch and half track be enough.  Again questions.  We always make a trip in early March so would that be the time for our adventure. Also how many in a group is suggested.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks . Be safe.

Trailering and launching from here can maximize trail time:

HM CORONET
3-star hotel
Simple rooms with free WiFi in a basic property with a restaurant, a lounge bar & a gas station.
Address: 401 QC-172, Sacré-Coeur, QC G0T 1Y0, Canada
Phone: +1 418-236-9444

It is a real challenge crossing that divided highway and all those intersections, only do it if no other rooms are available, too much traffic there, even going to ski-doo dealer, just call a cab, it is a small town and the cab shows up in less than 5 minutes, cheap and fast, I use cabs a lot when in town going to dinner or chasing a part.