parent area

quebec bob

Yes, and everyone thinks it is over, Cote Nord has the same weather with snow coming for the next 10 days and they have a ton on the ground already, if you can get gas on the trail or have wheels a lot of great riding still left.

yes but beware. I've tried calling Clova yesterday and today, no answer. Called  Balbuzard and they are closed. I forgot to ask if anyone there to sell gas. So best to call around and see where you can eat, gas and sleep. I'm sure Parent is a go being that its a town.

They changed some of the trail status and the note on the Woodrunner site today.

I'm not sure what "the last weekend" means. DO they close trails March 31?

We were as far N as Fer Cheval and 100 du Lacs on the weekend. if they receive a bit of snow on April 5 to cover the isolated road spots and crossing there could be some great riding there if still open

IMG_1109.PNG

On 3/28/2018 at 7:25 PM, doo4adoo said:

yes but beware. I've tried calling Clova yesterday and today, no answer. Called  Balbuzard and they are closed. I forgot to ask if anyone there to sell gas. So best to call around and see where you can eat, gas and sleep. I'm sure Parent is a go being that its a town.

Last week they  were only sell gas in 10 liter cans. Big tank was empty, no delivery's till after mud season is over.

Edited by momojohnny

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎30 at 11:10 AM, momojohnny said:

Last week they  were only sell gas in 10 liter cans. Big tank was empty, no delivery's till after mud season is over.

Plenty of Gas in Parent right now! Clova is closed since they had to close 83 West of Parent because of logging.

We have about 20 cm of fresh snow and it was -18°C this morning in La Tuque area. Even if they stopped grooming a week ago, trails are still nice. But enjoy it this week-end, Hydro-Québec will most likely plow a section of the 73 next week, west of Rapide-Blanc. It's also getting hard to get through town, but plenty of snow left all the way to Parent.

Still lots of fun to have next week if you park at Relais 22.(90km north of La Tuque by the road).

Some pictures from this morning near Rapide-Blanc!motoneige.thumb.jpg.ce96f3618d420423611fa1ad3891e74a.jpg

motoneige-3.thumb.jpg.c58da823529060dd5ca2e0f6deba21f6.jpgmotoneige-4.thumb.jpg.5c71bd2cdf03940f35235ee2af9a2030.jpg