device !!!..........beeeeeeeeeeepp !!!

groomer

guy from bsl came up with that device !!!

for sleds and groomer !!!

if sled is coming ...light will turn red....more than one ...red light will flash !!!

if groomer is coming ....red and blue light will flash !!!

200 sledders experienced the device !!!

jean-guy

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2018/04/10/une-invention-kamouraskoise-pourrait-sauver-bien-des-vies

Groomer ;

Can you translate to English, this looks like a great idea if everyone has one. Maybe manufacturers should be made to install as standard equipment.

Thanks 

Hank

5 minutes ago, Snappy Hank said:

Groomer ;

Can you translate to English, this looks like a great idea if everyone has one. Maybe manufacturers should be made to install as standard equipment.

Thanks 

Hank

hi snappy hank !!!

there you go !!!

sorry ,turned 56 today....im a bit slower ...my concentration was on the video !!!

Every year, the snowmobile season has many victims in Quebec. Since 2016, more than 45 snowmobilers have died.

To improve safety on the trails, a group from Kamouraska has developed an invention, a traffic monitor. A small object that could save lives!

Denis Gagnon is president of GDM Technologies, a company based in La Pocatière, in Bas-Saint-Laurent. A few years ago, he was the victim of a violent snowmobile accident. "The gentleman was coming and it was the sun that blinded him. He never saw anything, "he said.

Éric Dubé is the engineer. "When we meet a vehicle that is coming, the device will turn red. If there is more than one vehicle it will flash red, so we know that there are several vehicles coming up. When approaching a resurfacer, it will flash red and blue. It detects at a distance of 150 to 700 meters, "he explained.

Last winter, instructors were provided to 200 snowmobilers as part of a pilot project. Claude, surfacer operator, has found its effectiveness. "Let's say that the snowmobile comes in curves, it warns. This is where you can save a life, "he believe

Again this year, twenty people lost their lives on the snowmobile trails of Quebec, 23 in 2016-2017. With this device, the inventors are convinced that this number can decrease.

The traffic monitor, however, has the disadvantage of detecting only vehicles that are also equipped with the same device. GDM Technologies has partnered with a Montreal-based company that will be responsible for marketing. Approaches to insurance companies and snowmobile clubs will be undertaken. "We hope everyone will think about safety. That's what's important. If we can save one life per year! ", Hopes Denis Moreau, project manager at GDM Technologies.

The device could be on sale from next autumn. The Quebec Federation of Snowmobile Clubs plans to bring all the snowmakers in the province, with the aim of encouraging sports fans to do the same.

Sounds great both for the groomers and sledders. It does need to be strongly marketed that everyone one have one, insurance rebate etc. Issue I see is, equipped with this it may be easy to rely on this too much to warn about incoming sleds and let your guard down, then bam, a sled or two without the device comes around a blind corner. 

Amazing device, could avoid a lot of accidents with this. I would like to see it mandatory in Canada. I've been riding in Quebec for 25 years and seen and avoided many close calls. As CNC stated you should never let your guard down.

No problem with the age thing, I'm 67 but feel like 50. But still can't remember shit.

Hank

3 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

Like the dopes that go whole-trail-haywire when they see an oncoming "alleged" last rider's fist. 

IMG_00000580.thumb.jpg.185d8a1d369d12ca1b26964c562a5afa.jpg

Well for those people may I suggest a double black line painted down the Center of the trail. 

This is a great idea.  Just wondering if the maybe it could be incorporated into a GPS and have it talk to other GPS systems and  the grooming devise that tracks the groomers. 

I always ride in the back so my kid gets on coming traffic slowed down and some days it is brutil for him. He only rides on his side and as any one who leads knows some don't.  Our next year's investment is a GPS for him. Only an idea.

49 minutes ago, Snappy Hank said:

Amazing device, could avoid a lot of accidents with this. I would like to see it mandatory in Canada. I've been riding in Quebec for 25 years and seen and avoided many close calls. As CNC stated you should never let your guard down.

No problem with the age thing, I'm 67 but feel like 50. But still can't remember shit.

Hank

great about your age ...everything is between the 2 ears !!!

jean-guy

They been using this for years in off road logging operations on ice roads. Where roads are way too narrow for two trucks to pass. Works exactly the same.