Mourning no more

Cnc

According to my quirky mind, mourning period for the season past is over and the “waiting for the next snowmobile season” season begins. Only about 230 days to go give or take a bit.

Still very depressing.  The thoughts of why I stayed home and not loading up and going alone. Well it won't happen next year I say. Now is the time to get prepared. Riding in Quebec is just around the corner. New communicators will be ordered.  New GPS needed. New carbides to order. New cargo bags. New trip planing for maximum miles and fun. My summer has been planned.  Now to get back to work to pay for the abovementioned.  Lol.

yes I've got a few boxes of goodies for the summer sled project. Like you shore1066 I'm not going to sit around when friends cant make it but get out and ride next year. Some great conditions were missed and I'm getting older so now is the time.

I live near tug hill and many years ago I rode there every weekend. Problem is there is too many bar rooms and I fear the one time. I think there is a lot of good riding north of Mont Laurie in mid January until the end of the season. That's only a 4 hour drive for me. I love how people say I'll go and when it's time they just don't have time. I do believe there is always someone you can hook up with. Well we will see how it goes next season. Have a good summer all. Be safe.

Shore, I’m right down the road in Brownville. I too feel I missed several opportunities to go back north.  Well, next year, son is in college, no more basketball games. Just football in the fall.  I’m with you on Tug Hill. I cringe every time I ride there these days. Last time I was there I met a group 2 wide coming my way with one of them with his left ski off the trail on the right side.  Keep me in mind if you get the itch next winter and are in need of another rider.

Shore, I have planned many trips to snowmobile, fish and hunt over the last 30 years. So familiar to hear someone say count me in, I am going, reality has 7 out of 10 never going anywhere, sometimes it is a time constraint, but a majority of the time it is money, so when I am booking a trip I get money for lodging or guides or what ever I have to reserve for in advance and plan ahead. funny how that cut all the talkers out of saying they are going to go. With that process I have found the guys who really will go, and it is a small number. I do agree that if you are a serious rider on this site you usually find someone to ride with and make friends, there are a ton of really great folks on this site, it's a special place, Bob.

Riding in Quebec doesn't need to stop once the snow melts.  My schedule only permits 2-3 rides per year with at least one on snowmobile.  The ATV gets an opportunity to breathe as well.  Not sure which I prefer as both are equally enjoyable and annoying.  

Wild blueberries are a nice touch during atv rides....could do without the insect swarms. 

Where is your boy going to college?

Conner the TI running back is going to St. John Fisher. Still going with my granddaughter.  I think he is going to work construction with me this summer. 

Yes this fall we will get together and make a plan for doing some Quebec riding. There is lots of places I haven't been and want to see. Talk later.

18 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

You have to pass my place on your way to Mt Laurier 

just sayin

I'll remember that. Be in touch in December.  I'm sure you must know a lot of trails that I don't.  Talk later.

We used to have 6-8 guys ready to ride all from around here. Slowly they dwindled down. Even my wife has slowed down on wanting to ride her own sled. A couple of new guys to sledding hooked up with me and one of my long term riding buddies this winter but they are not so much into long distance rides yet. I know it might sound mean but in the past when we had plans to do some serious miles, we just made plans amongest a few of us who were sure to ride and had the same riding style. Same held true this year. My closes riding buddy and I are all ready making loose plans for next year. I do have the advantage of being able to ride right from home. 4-5 hrs or so on the trail or 1 and 1/2 hrs on the black top puts me in Mt Laurier if we were to head that way.

Don't get me wrong. I have the best riding pardner anyone can have. But he lives in North Carolina and 800 miles driving one way makes a weekend trip hard. Also he is my youngest son.  I ride with a younger group and they are all great to me but all have families and my wife is more understanding I guess. I think I have a lot more years left to ride but as some know this sport is special. The places to stay are like nothing else and the people you meet all have smiles on their faces.  The sleds are easy to ride. 200 mile days are easy. But the shorter days are still so relaxing. Planning a trip is so much fun enough though it never happens the way you plan. That's why we call every  ride a adventure.  So for me I am going to get my wife on a sled, even if it may be 100 mile days and the rest I'm going to just go and hook up with someone who is going north. There, I've made my plans now to keep them. Have a great summer guys.  Be safe.

23 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Shore, I have planned many trips to snowmobile, fish and hunt over the last 30 years. So familiar to hear someone say count me in, I am going, reality has 7 out of 10 never going anywhere, sometimes it is a time constraint, but a majority of the time it is money, so when I am booking a trip I get money for lodging or guides or what ever I have to reserve for in advance and plan ahead. funny how that cut all the talkers out of saying they are going to go. With that process I have found the guys who really will go, and it is a small number. I do agree that if you are a serious rider on this site you usually find someone to ride with and make friends, there are a ton of really great folks on this site, it's a special place, Bob.

I was in the same boat as you Bob, would spend a lot of time (and money) setting up trips and at the last minute many would back out, I had enough of that now I jump in my truck and head north alone. As you say its not that difficult to find someone to ride with and I have rode with many members on this site and have been invited back so I guess I'm doing OK.

On 5/8/2018 at 10:09 AM, hparaptor said:

Riding in Quebec doesn't need to stop once the snow melts.  My schedule only permits 2-3 rides per year with at least one on snowmobile.  The ATV gets an opportunity to breathe as well.  Not sure which I prefer as both are equally enjoyable and annoying.  

Wild blueberries are a nice touch during atv rides....could do without the insect swarms. 

X2  , doing an ATV trip out of Rabaska in July. We have a group of 6 heading up, 4 have never been to Quebec at all. Should be a great time !!

Edited by Pipemaster

On 5/8/2018 at 10:48 AM, Shore1066 said:

Where is your boy going to college?

Conner the TI running back is going to St. John Fisher. Still going with my granddaughter.  I think he is going to work construction with me this summer. 

Yes this fall we will get together and make a plan for doing some Quebec riding. There is lots of places I haven't been and want to see. Talk later.

He's going to Buffalo State. He committed to the football team, so we are looking forward to watch him play a few more years.  We did see that Conner committed to St. John Fisher on Syracuse.com.. 

Absolutely get together this fall.  Always love to talk about sledding and Quebec.  Just laid out a 7 day bag ride in Gaspesie leaving out of RDL a couple days ago. We were always a group of 6 then a long time friend got back into riding last year, now we are 7. We may need another rider to even up the rooms.

We've did a lot of riding on Gaspe Pennisula. My most favorite place personally. We have also rode out of Montmagny.  Drove there in the morning and rode to RDL in the afternoon.  I would love to talk about that 7 day trip also. I'll be in touch this fall. Have a good summer.  Be safe.

Well I see no problem in planning ahead in the off season, heck I plan trips and rallies all winter with my bike buddies, in between sledding of course!😀

Edited by Cnc

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 3:44 PM, Pipemaster said:

X2  , doing an ATV trip out of Rabaska in July. We have a group of 6 heading up, 4 have never been to Quebec at all. Should be a great time !!

You will enjoy the ride.  Take and share the pictures. 

4 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Yup that time coming around soon

Was thinking about that.  Time to finish up some maintenance items on the quad.

Did you change out the fuel line?  Wonder if the trail repair is still holding up 

Edited by hparaptor

On 5/31/2018 at 8:59 AM, hparaptor said:

You will enjoy the ride.  Take and share the pictures. 

Will do. Looking forward to a trip up to Quebec during the Summer. I never been up except for winter the past 20 yrs. We have Doo dealer in Mont Laurier dropping off & picking up machines at Rabaska. Riding 4 days, not sure where yet. Will report back. Enjoy the summer everyone !!

On 2018-06-07 at 7:01 PM, Pipemaster said:

Will do. Looking forward to a trip up to Quebec during the Summer. I never been up except for winter the past 20 yrs. We have Doo dealer in Mont Laurier dropping off & picking up machines at Rabaska. Riding 4 days, not sure where yet. Will report back. Enjoy the summer everyone !!

You can get lots of saddlebagging in on an atv for 4 days from Rabaska, we did the tour of the Gouin in 4 days starting from Ste Anne du Lac.

Curious to see you itinerary.

On 2018-06-07 at 12:41 PM, hparaptor said:

Was thinking about that.  Time to finish up some maintenance items on the quad.

Did you change out the fuel line?  Wonder if the trail repair is still holding up 

Repaired fuel line still going strong, I got a new one but for shits’n giggles wanted to see how long our repair job would last, seems I’ll be keeping it for a spare cuz it ain’t dieing any time soon.

You do maintenance!!!! I just wait till it breaks then my American friends can fix it in the trail!!! Lol