My new Mistress...from the beginning.

iceman

Don, your Apex is going to float like a butterfly after wheeling your new rig around town all week. Impressive piece of equipment.

Is the second axle an air lift tag axle or a fully integrated steering axle?

You will have a few interesting days mastering the operation of that unit. 

Are the Hydro Vac trucks able to penetrate frozen ground efficiently. Around here now on the urban fringe seldom see a backhoe digging. Majority of the work is done with the Hydro Vac units.

26 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Don, your Apex is going to float like a butterfly after wheeling your new rig around town all week. Impressive piece of equipment.

Is the second axle an air lift tag axle or a fully integrated steering axle?

You will have a few interesting days mastering the operation of that unit. 

Are the Hydro Vac trucks able to penetrate frozen ground efficiently. Around here now on the urban fringe seldom see a backhoe digging. Majority of the work is done with the Hydro Vac units.

The second axle is a fully integrated steering axle. All the water tanks and pump is all up front there.

With the hot water we can thaw all frozen ground

surely looking forward to the challenge, driving it is the easy part mastering the. Operation of the boom and all the other controls will be the real fun.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Nice truck with the dual steer Axel's does it turn weird?  What's under the hood and is it standard?

Thanks, I think I’ll keep it, i like it too

No steers just fine, detroit diesel 550hp, allison 6 speed auto

24 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

I drive a 2016 international Lonestar with a Cummins 500 13 speed.  Hauling scrap metal in a frameless dump trailer.  

Personally I prefer the Manual, all the other trucks we have (2 vacs and a sewer jetter) are manual. The automatic takes the fun/skill out of driving if you ask me. But I think I am gonna get used to it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The “Mistress” saw her first real action today. Performed flawlessly as expected and we are gonna get along just fine. Man was tough to want to get her dirty but hey, it’s what she was built for.