Whats everybody doing this summer?

800steve

This weekend there is a charity power run in clayton ny. I think 135 boats.  Should be loud and lots of waves. I think I will watch from my deck. But I probably will hear them like they are sitting next to my house. Lol. There some of the most powerful and expensive boats on the east coast here. I think a few from the west coast too. Going to be interesting.  

Hey Shore 1066, Clayton is crazy busy this weekend for sure.  We took a run up there in the boat from Sackets Harbor yesterday thinking we would avoid the weekend rush and have a nice dinner.  Not a single dock space available anywhere.  Ended up running all the way to Henderson Harbor for dinner. 

On 7/19/2018 at 5:17 PM, Shore1066 said:

This weekend there is a charity power run in clayton ny. I think 135 boats.  Should be loud and lots of waves. I think I will watch from my deck. But I probably will hear them like they are sitting next to my house. Lol. There some of the most powerful and expensive boats on the east coast here. I think a few from the west coast too. Going to be interesting.  

Well that's over. Have to admit there was a few the law couldn't chase. I was right about the noise. There was a some out boards that were quiet  and fast. There was a lot of boats. Some of the loud ones were more loud than fast. Was at my kids shop on Friday and there was trailers lined up for new wheel bearing and brakes. I  think the boys had a late night and maybe Saturday work. They had a great fire works show. Watched from my deck. Music was good. Heard it about mile and a half away. Of course the river was dead calm. A few were getting one more ride in this morning.  All and all I think everything went well.  Hope they made lots of charity money.  I believe it went to the small hospital in Alex Bay. 

One story I heard was a boat came into the gas dock and took on 900 dollars in fuel. 2 hours later he was back and took on another 900. I thought snowmobiling was expensive. Lol